I think A-line sweaters are flattering for any woman, no matter what age and shape she is. And stripes were a natural choice for me; they are fun to knit and quite a bit addictive.
Soft simplicity and beautifully relaxed, this cozy pullover is the perfect union of luxe and comfort. Chic, subtle stripes of Silk Mist adorn the yoke of this Superwash Sport sweater. With its side-split hem and short row shaping, the results are modern, yet graceful.
Sarah’s Tip for Knitting Runlet
To make your ssk’s less obvious in the stockinette fabric, try knitting the stitch that resulted from the ssk through the back loop in the next row or round. It will use less yarn and be less obtrusive. I also have a great tutorial on shadow wrap short rows that you can view HERE.
Behind the Brilliance: Sarah’s Five Faves
- Fave way to spend the evening after work: Streaming TV shows while knitting. Preferably something that can be worked in the round, so I don’t have to watch what I am knitting.
- Fave yarn weight: Fingering weight for shawls and socks and pretty much everything else.
- Fave guilty pleasure: I love potato chips and if we have some in the house I cannot resist them!
- Fave fall colours: Rusty reds and oranges.
- Fave thing to wear in the fall: In fall I often wear my Embrace cardigan (designed by Lori Versaci) and my Serene shawl. The colours don’t match at all but I don’t mind as long as I am warm (like a crazy old lady!).
Colour Options to Try
These are some other colour options that we think you might love, too!
Sarah’s creative mind is always at work, so keep up with here at www.der-gemeine-actionmole.de.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.