Every summer has a story.
I’ve been going full steam ahead since I launched the Patreon campaign to build the School of SweetGeorgia about two months ago. I’ve been writing, filming, photographing, and learning about video production nearly every spare minute. And in between, I’ve managed to squeeze in a trip to TNNA as well as a family trip to San Diego. It’s been a full schedule, and Leah reminded me, it’s also been full of stories.
If you didn’t know, Leah is joining me this summer to help coordinate and get this School of SweetGeorgia off the ground. She’s had her fair share of stories this summer as well and thought it would be a great idea to “get together” with our friends on Ravelry and Slack to knit, crochet, spin, and weave together this summer while sharing our summer stories.
What is inspiring your summer these days? I’d love to know. And I’d love to hear how your stories inspire your crafting projects this summer. #SGYsweetsummerKAL
Here are all the details of the KAL / CAL / SAL / WAL:
- 1st Prize: 1 set of “Prismatic Essential Colour Mini-Mini Yarn Set”
- 2nd Prize: 1 set of “Party of Five” in Tough Love Sock (any colour)
- 3rd Prize: 1 skein of Tough Love Sock or fibre braid (any colour)
- 4th Prize: Free PDF copy of High Tea patterns by Tabetha Hedrick
Start Date: July 10th 2017
End Date: September 4th 2017 (thread will close September 11th 2017)
- Must use a SweetGeorgia yarn or fibre
- Project must be started on or after July 10th 2017
- Projects can be knit, crochet, spinning, or weaving
- Each project must have a separate post in the NO CHAT SGY Summer 2017 KAL thread on Ravelry
Each post must include:
- Name, colorway, and yardage of yarn
- Date of cast-on and photo
- Date project was finished and photo
- Name of pattern
- Link to project on your Ravelry account (*You may add in-progress photo and FO photo to the post by editing the original post*)
Number of Entries: Each completed project = 1 entry
You will get a bonus entry if:
- you use a SweetGeorgia pattern
- you use more than 3 colours in your project
- 1 for each additional skein of yarn used (additional skein must be used up at least 75%, Party of Five set counts as 1 skein)
*Please note only completed projects are eligible for a draw entry*
Completed China Rose shawl = 1 entry:
+ 1 bonus for extra skein
+ 1 bonus for using SweetGeorgia pattern
Total number of entries: 3!
Leah will be your KAL/CAL/SAL/WAL host this summer on both our Ravelry and Slack communities, providing encouragement and enthusiasm, support and suggestions. And I’ll be popping in as often as my spare hands will allow!
As for my summer, there are still four trips we need to take in July, still much filming to do, still a baby onesie I need to dye black for my friend’s trip to Comic-Con, and still a ton of dyeing, spinning, and weaving I’m aching to do. Plan the work and then work the plan! Will you join us?!
Good luck and (most importantly!) have fun!
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.