We are so excited to get started on the SweetGeorgia Mystery Shawl Knit-Along with CLUE ONE! It should already be in your Ravelry Library (and if it isn’t, please give it a couple of hours as Ravelry tends to batch-release those).
This asymmetrical shawl lets the imagination play with both hue and form while remaining utterly, enchantingly simple for the perfect relaxing knit. Here’s a couple of notes before we get started …
- 3 skeins of yarn in 3 weeks might feel like a lot, but don’t let yourself stress. We’ll keep things quiet on our end for a couple of weeks, even after the launch of the full pattern. Remember to just have fun and enjoy the way the yarns reveal themselves throughout the knit.
- For those who do aim to complete the MKAL before the deadline, we’ve included an indicator (Knitting Quota) for each cue on how many rows to knit a day.
- If your gauge and/or yarn do not match the pattern and you’re worried about yardage, we’ll include notes in sections that you can skip or shorten in order to accommodate the changes.
Above all, else, have fun, savor the stitches, and delight in the easy use of colour and texture.
Before getting started, we’ve got a quickie little tutorial for those who want a little guidance on how to carry yarn up the side when alternating yarns.
Use the hashtags #sweetgeorgiayarns and #sgymkal when sharing with the community so that everyone can share in your progress.
Most of the fun, though, will be on the Sweet SweetGeorgia Ravelry Group where we will have announcements, chat, and spoiler threads. Come join in the fun! You’ll find two new threads especially for Clue One —
- A NO SPOILERS thread where you can ask questions and share thoughts. No pictures are allowed of your work-in-progress here. This allows everyone to keep the mystery going.
- A SPOILERS thread where you are welcome to post any progress photos you’d like.
Help out the other knitters participating by keeping your work-in-progress photos quiet, such as using one of the graphics for your main project page photo or as the first image on your Instagram shares. You can visit THIS POST for those graphics.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.