Today is the last day of our launch special for “Dyeing Complex Colour”! If you have ever wanted to learn how to dye multicoloured yarns with all different techniques, this one is for you…
Create complex, layered, multicoloured, and handpainted yarns and spinning fibres through different dye application techniques. Discover new ways to add complexity and richness to your hand-dyed colourways using acid dyes and protein-based fibres. Building upon the skills and knowledge in our Dyeing Intentional Colour course, this course will explore:
- Developing a deeper understanding of colours and colour theory, focusing specifically on what happens when colours are mixed and learning to create or avoid muddy hues
- Creating glazed, layered, and tonal hand-dyed colour effects through immersion dyeing and the addition of delicate resists
- Manipulating the variables of dyeing to produce non-repeating multi-coloured yarns with a low water immersion technique
- Learning how to create handpainted yarns and spinning fibres for repeating colour sequences
- Understanding and creating different self-striping colour sequences
- Applying these dye techniques and methods to knitted sock blanks to produce even more hand-dyed effects on yarn
- Finding ways to make the dyeing process more safe, efficient, and productive through equipment, studio setup, and preparation.
For our School of SweetGeorgia launch special, please click to access 15% off the launch price of the course. These discounts will be in effect until April 30, 2018.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.