The other day, I had a the cutest little stitch marker set come across my Facebook news feed and I was so enchanted, that I immediately clicked the link, following the rabbit down the trail to so many adorable, beautiful handmade items. I am frequently stunned at the level of craftsmanship that people possess in different areas of making – from buttons to pottery, clay and sewing, paint and woodworking.
Each of the crafters in our Fall with SweetGeorgia Make Along have been equally as inspiring! There’s just something about that ability to commit yourself to learning and practice until suddenly, one day, you become a master. I think Ann, in our video chat last week, touched on this and shared how, when she was learning to spin yarn, committed to practicing every day, just a little bit, for 100 days. And by the end of those 100 days, she was comfortable with the new expanse of her creativity. Isn’t that beautiful?
Ok, let me get back on topic to that little trail of handmade items. What I realized is how many amazing artists are out there with gorgeous things to offer us fellow-makers: it’s almost like a co-op! Makers making for makers (say that three times fast). So, whether you are needing an in-progress pick-me-up or planning a finishing touch, I came across some sweet, sweet accessories you might like!
- Cat fabric-covered buttons by ReginaStitchery
- Tree of Life Ceramic by BeadFreaky
- Woodland Pottery Set in Harvest Theme by TuppersPerch
- Tea Set by KellyWrightCreations
- Carrot Cake by URTnRACKYs
- Honeybee by Korutumi
- Pastel Sheep by TheClaySheep
- Blueberry Pancake by KawaiiKiosk
Weaving & Spinning
- Crystal Weaving Markers by TwistedFleece
- Weaving Comb & Needle Set by TheUnusualPear
- Dragon Caribbean Rosewood Shuttle by Toplyfiberarts
- Clock Top Spindle by SeeElbieWorks
- Koa Wood Orfice Hook by GiftofGraceHandspun
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.