I am truly torn between being more excited about the planning or the finished product. I love that flurry of enthusiasm that comes when jotting down ideas and sketching out the vision. Is there truly anything more satisfying when binding off that last stitch?
Perfect for those early spring days, Wild Seeds by Meg Roke is a gorgeously textured garment, worked seamlessly in the round in our Superwash DK and featuring three tiers of patterning that flow beautifully. The promise of delight is captured in the endless colour and layering possibilities.
Meg’s Top Tip
Use a slick metal knitting needle when working on this cowl. The lofty fibers can be a bit sticky and move more easily when knitting with smooth metal needles. I am quite fond of my ChiaGoo needles for a project like this.
Behind the Brilliance: Meg’s Spring Things
- What is your favourite colour in the SweetGeorgia colour lineup? Mist has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. It looks lovely on adults and children alike… no matter their age or color of skin. Just a beautifully flattering color.
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure? Cheese. No, chocolate. No, pastry. No, fresh baked bread. Who am I kidding? Pretty much any food.
- What is your favorite spring flower? Peonies and lilacs. I could never choose between the two. My mother had both growing her garden in my childhood home. When I moved into my house, I made sure to plant both. The smell, the touch, the color…. they bring me such joy!
- What is your favorite spring accessory? Lightweight cowls and ponchos are a must. Both are versatile pieces and can be worn casually on the go or dressed up a bit.
- What is your favorite beverage? Sipping a good warm cup of tea may be the best part of any day. Right now I am heavily into Jade Citrus Mint tea.
Colour Options to Try
What do you think about these other rich, bold combinations of hues to try?
Wild Seeds is available as an individual pattern or in the Spring with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 2 eBook both on our website and on Ravelry. And be sure to visit Meg’s website for more information on her amazing work: megrokeknits.blogspot.com
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.