Sometimes, I just want to knit for a while and not have to think too much about what comes next. This shawl let me do that for a bit. And then, just before I get too bored, in comes the lace to captivate me once again.
Bold colour in our Superwash Sport, paired with a softly textured lace, results in a shawl that makes a fabulous statement. This easy accessory from our own Tabetha Hedrick is worked from the top down and is as fun to knit as it is to wear.
Tabetha’s Top Tip
Shawls are great projects that allow you a little more flexibility in adjustments, especially triangular top-down shawls. Whether working in a fingering, sport, or DK weight, you can make the shawl any size you wish.
Behind the Brilliance: Tabetha’s Spring Things
- What is your favourite colour in the SweetGeorgia colour lineup? The new Biscuit colour takes my breath away!
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure? These days? I’d have to say sneaking off to the local coffee shop to write (and ignoring all responsibilities for at least an hour)
- What is your favorite spring flower? Lilac
- What is your favorite spring accessory? Sandals! I love pulling them out as soon as the days get warm.
- What is your favorite beverage? Shhh…. but now that I’m back in the south, I love Cheerwine.
Colour Options to Try
Inspired by royal hues, these colours enable your shawl to take on a totally different feel.
Cottage Red is available as an individual pattern or in the Spring with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 2 eBook both on our website and on Ravelry. Tabetha spends most of her time here on SweetGerogia, but you can also find her at www.tabethahedrick.com or on Instagram as @tabismiles.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.