Knit design is a major creative outlet for me, and being able to approach it in a purely curious way lets me explore colour and shape, like I did with these socks. The pattern is just too cute, so enjoy its sweetness!
Simple and dainty, light and darling: these charming little socks, worked up in our fabulous Bulletproof Sock by Jennifer Beever, will satisfy your sugar craving. A provisional picot hem and dainty eyelet lace show off our vibrant colourways, hitting that sweet spot between fancy and delight.
Jennifer’s Top Tip
Provisional cast ons can be tricky – TECHKnitter has a great post for reference: http://techknitting.blogspot.ca/2007/01/knitted-fabric-knitting-up-vs-knitting.html
Behind the Brilliance: Jennifer’s Spring Things
- What is your favourite colour in the SweetGeorgia colour lineup? I could never pick just one. I love Coral Rose, Magpie, Terra Firma, and have knit with Ginger so many times.
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure? I will say one of my favourite non-knitting pleasures is to go for muddy trail runs with my dog.
- What is your favorite spring flower? Cherry and plum blossoms.
- What is your favorite spring accessory? I love wearing shawls over simple tee shirts.
- What is your favorite beverage? Well, I do say my tag line is “runs, knits, and drinks wine… preferably in that order” so… :)
Colour Options to Try
The name for this sock pattern inspires other candy-like colours, too, don’t you think?
Sugar Craving is available as an individual pattern or in the Spring with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 2 eBook both on our website and on Ravelry. Learn more about Jennifer’s other projects at: www.willrun4yarn.com
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.