Today is launch day! So, of course, we are joined by our super wonderful Design Director for Knitwear at SweetGeorgia Yarns, Tabetha Hedrick. Tabetha has been on the podcast several times now, since each time we launch a new design collection (which is three times a year), we invite Tabetha to come on the show so we can talk about the different pieces and give you guys a little bit of the backstory on each of them.
(Just a note, today’s episode sounds rough on Felicia’s side of the conversation… almost like she’s talking into a tin can, but hopefully you’ll still enjoy our chat!)
Join Tabetha and Felicia as we talk about the pieces in this new Spring collection and also chat about the behind-the-scenes stories about putting this collection together.
In this episode, we talk about:
- 2:45 Tabetha’s move to Tennessee and getting settled
- 5:00 Talking about our mood boards, colour stories, and projects for Spring 2017
- 7:00 Tabetha makes a nod to Felicia’s love of potato chip knitting
- 9:00 Knitting those awesome “set-in” sleeves in the Ribbons cardigan
- 11:00 Unfurling Leaves Socks
- 17:00 Angi Shawl
- 19:00 Budelli Stole
- 20:00 Photoshoot stories
- 22:00 On location at: Treasures & Travels lifestyle blog
- 23:00 On location at: Glory Juice Co.
- 24:00 Wild Seeds Capelet
- 25:00 Talinum Cowl
- 26:00 New Spring 2017 Colourways
- 28:00 New Yarns — Spun Silk Lace, Flaxen Silk Fine
- 30:00 Tabetha’s knitting quota system
Spring with SweetGeorgia Giveaway
For this week’s giveaway, Tabetha and I want our lucky winner to have a PDF copy of all the new Volume 2 “Spring with SweetGeorgia” patterns plus yarn in the colours and quantities needed for the pattern the winner decides to make. To give as many listeners as possible a chance to enter, we will keep this giveaway open until March 31st, 2017 and then draw a winner after that date. Simply enter your info below and we’ll enter you in the giveaway and also subscribe you to our SweetGeorgia updates, so you won’t miss a thing.
Links and Things
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this episode! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your fellow knitting friends. And if you like what I’m doing here, please leave a rating and review on iTunes for the show. I read each and every email and bit of feedback, whether it’s on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, so I welcome your comments.
Thank you so much to Tabetha for joining me this episode. Until next time!
The Young and Beautiful – by Ivory Hours
Off The Grid – by Jetty Rae (on NoiseTrade)