This week Felicia chats with SweetGeorgia’s Design Director, Tabetha Hedrick about the new Fall with SweetGeorgia collection. The ladies discuss their hectic fall schedules and reveal the inspiration behind the 12 new patterns released just in time for the fall season. So grab yourself a pumpkin spice latte, snuggle under a chunky knit wrap, and enjoy a lively discussion about the latest pattern collection from SweetGeorgia yarns!
On knitting the Lief stole in the new Rustle palette: “It is just like wrapping yourself in chocolate! I don’t know how else to describe it, I just love it so much!” — Tabetha Hedrick
In this episode, we talk about:
- 1:20 Felicia and Tabetha chat about their current and upcoming projects this fall
- 4:20 Discussing the new Fall with SweetGeorgia Vol.3 patterns
- 6:00 Revealing the two stories the new fall designs are centred around
- 9:30 Update on new knitting video tutorials on techniques used in the new patterns
- 12:30 Tabetha discusses her new shawl pattern Kiowa
- 13:42 Using SweetGeorgia’s new Mohair Silk DK yarn and new Party of Five Mini Skein Sets in this year’s fall collection
- 16:40 Tabetha chats about her love of chocolate and the new Rustle Party of Five Mini Skein Set
- 19:35 Get a sneak peak into the upcoming SGY Mystery Shawl KAL (starting October 10, 2017). We also get a bonus glimpse into Tabetha’s mind and her “quota knitting” style.
- 24:38 The dilemma of picking colour palettes for MKALs and using School of SweetGeorgia‘s Colour Play course to boost colour-picking confidence
- 27:00 What is Tabetha knitting right now?
- 28:45 Felicia and Tabetha discuss Spinzilla
- 29:35 Tabetha chats about SweetGeoriga launching at her local yarn store Hook & Needle in Maryville,Tennessee
- 31:00 Fall with SweetGeorgia Volume 3 giveaway!
Links and Things
Here’s where to find Tabetha:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thknitweardesigns
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/tabismiles/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/TabethaHedrick
- Ravelry: www.ravelry.com/designers/tabetha-hedrick
Fall with SweetGeorgia Vol. 3 Giveaway!
You can win all 12 patterns from Fall with SweetGeorgia Vol. 3! Simply enter your info here and we’ll enter you in the giveaway and also subscribe you to our SweetGeorgia updates, so you won’t miss out on any of the fun!
Please Join us for SweetGeorgia’s FIRST Mystery Knit-Along!
Everyone here at SweetGeorgia is so excited for our first ever Mystery Shawl Knit-along! We really hope you’ll join us on October 10, 2017. The pattern is currently available on Ravelry in advance of the MKAL at a 25% discount. Who doesn’t love a good mystery?
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this episode! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it with your fellow knitting friends. And if you like what I’m doing here, please leave a rating and review on iTunes for the show. I read each and every email and bit of feedback, whether it’s on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, so I welcome your comments.
Thank you so much Tabetha for the fun and laughter! Until next time!
The Young and Beautiful – by Ivory Hours
Fallin’ – by Jetty Rae (on Noise Trade)