Mix and match 36 hues of Tough Love Sock fingering-weight yarn in this mini-skein set to play with colour!
Over the years we’ve found that people really want to enjoy colour but they are worried about making the wrong colour choices. We’ve developed this “Colour Play” video-based workshop to walk you through the basics of working with colour and help you feel more confident about creating your own palettes and colour combinations for your projects.
This “Play Along Pack” includes 36 hues of Tough Love Sock that you can use to explore and create different palettes as you work through the Colour Play exercises. Each skinny mini-skein is approximately 20 yards of Tough Love Sock fingering weight yarn. Knit a single strand or old two strands together for a worsted weight fabric. Combine these minis with a full-skein of yarn or knit all the minis together for 720 yards worth of sock yarn!
“Colour Play” Learning Objective:
- Learn to combine colours in different ways to create your own personal palette for a project.
What SweetGeorgia provides:
- Yarn // Palette of 12 main colour wheel colours (grape jelly, raspberry, cherry, cayenne, pumpkin, dutch, empress, sapphire, beach house, basil, pistachio, saffron), plus 6 mid to dark colours (auburn, orchid, oxblood, ultraviolet, hudson, 4th & vine), 6 light colours (candy floss, apricot, lilac, west wind, sourpuss, whitewater), 6 neutrals (cocoa, tumbled stone, birch, slate, silver, charcoal), and 6 variegated (anthem, windswept, grouse, fauna, mango ice, smitten) = total 36 hues x 20 yards skeins of Tough Love Sock.
- Downloadable Workbook // “Colour Play” PDF Workbook with examples, illustrations, notes, and exercises.
- Videos // Unlimited access to the Colour Play workshop videos at schoolofsweetgeorgia.com.
What you’ll need:
- Knitting Needles // Knitting needles to knit a range of gauges, perhaps an interchangeable set would be a good idea (need needle sizes between 3.5mm to 8 mm, depending on how many strands of Tough Love are held together).
- Notebook & Pen // To create palettes and make notes about observations.
*Note: The video workshop is free to join anytime. This mini-skein set can be purchased as an accompaniment to the workshops but is entirely optional.