SweetGeorgia has created some colour palette suggestions for Joji’s Mystery Wrap KAL! These colour sets are all inspired by our favourite neighbourhoods of Vancouver and I hope these palettes might inspire you to knit along with us too!
KITSILANO // Handpicked palettes by SweetGeorgia for the Joji Mystery Wrap KAL! This one includes Seedling, Birch, Beach House, Charcoal, and 4th & Vine and is inspired by one of my favourite neighbourhoods in Vancouver. Kitsilano around that 4th Avenue and Vine area has all the best donuts at @luckysdoughnuts and juice at @gloryjuiceco. Plus there’s that awesome beach to enjoy.
You’ll need FIVE full-skeins of fingering weight yarn. The total approximate yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m) so it is a BIG wrap and there will be lots of knitting! Here are a few tips from Joji for choosing colours:
- Colour 1: 390 yards (356 m) A very, very light colour, almost white.
- Colour 2: 250 yards (229 m) An accent colour, not too light, not too dark.
- Colour 3: 420 yards (385 m) A speckled or variegated colourway.
- Colour 4: 390 yards (356 m) A very, very dark colour, almost black.
- Colour 5: 280 yards (256 m) Another accent colour, medium value.
- Most of the colours will be matched to one another, so you should be able to differentiate them if you are making stripes.
- Our Tough Love Sock skeins are 425 yards per skein of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon fingering weight so if you knit very loosely or not to gauge, you might run out of the Colour 3, so if you know this about your knitting, please purchase an extra skein, just in case. As Joji notes, your working gauge should be 23 sts and 44 rows. BUT your finished (pinned, stretched and
blocked out) gauge should be 19 sts and 38 rows.
- All patterns are sold separately and not included with purchase of yarn.