We chose to design one colourway this year and dye it on three spinning fibre bases to show how the different fibres take on colour completely uniquely.
- Silk Puff // 40% merino wool, 40% superwash merino, 20% tussah silk. This is our new blend of wool and silk. Beautifully soft and puffy, light and luminous… this may be a recipe for some seriously satisfying spinning time.
- Superwash BFL // 100% superwash bluefaced leicester wool. BFL is one of the softest, glossiest medium-long wools (longer fibre staple length), and naturally more durable, making it a favourite spinning fibre for many.
- Superwash Merino+Nylon // 85% superwash merino, 15% nylon. This blend is ideal for spinning sock yarns and the fibre takes the colours vibrantly and clearly.
Each selection will include 100g (approx 3.5 oz) bundles of spinning fibre.
Due to popular demands, this is the first year we’re offering the Spinzilla colourway on yarn bases for our knitters who do not spin.
- Silk Crush // 50% superwash merino wool, 50% silk. This blend is a 2-ply fingering weight. Each 115g skein has approximately 375 yards. The combination of the pearl-like twist and the glittery silk content gives the skein a rustic or “crunchy” look, but once it’s knit up, it just drapes and shines like nothing else. Silk Crush is ideal knit up on larger needles for small sock-yarn shawl designs.
- Superwash Sport // 100% superwash merino wool. It is spun with a tighter twist into a 3-ply sportweight yarn. Each 100g skein has approximately 328 yards. We love working with this yarn because knitting socks with a slightly fatter weight can make for faster project completion! It’s also beautifully soft and springy for a knitting yarn and could easily be worked up into a shawl or other accessory.