We loved the SweetGeorgia KAL that ran this past winter, so I was thrilled when Susan (the fabulous Ravelry moderator for our Sweet SweetGeorgia group) suggested we run another one! So the new More SGY KAL/CAL/SAL (that is… knit along, crochet along, or spin along) has begun! This is all the info from the Ravelry thread:
Time for MORE SWEETGEORGIA, am I right? But…wouldn’t it be nice if you could get BONUSES the MORE SweetGeorgia yarn or fiber you used? Well then THIS is the craft-a-long for you!
- THIS CRAFT-A-LONG IS ONLY FOR SGY YARNS OR FIBER. ONE POST PER ENTRY. You may enter as many times as you want.
- EACH POST MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- A cast on/start date and photo within the dates of the KAL/CAL/SAL, or a prepping photo for spinners!
- A finish date and photo added upon completion within the dates of the KAL/CAL/SAL! Completed project, or completed fiber spun up if you are entering as a spinner!
- EACH PROJECT must use greater than 50 percent of a skein or standard fiber bundle of SweetGeorgia yarn or fiber.
Now on to the bonuses!
- BONUS ENTRIES FOR EACH FULL HANK OF SGY used after the first one! So let’s say your sweater takes 4 skeins of fingering weight. You will get one entry for cast on and finish, PLUS three additional entries.
- CREATIVITY WILL BE REWARDED. So if you used 3.75 skeins for your sweater and you make a couple of bracelets and a blanket square with the last .25 skeins, you’ll get an extra full-skein entry as long as you provide photos!!
- Spinners will get a bonus for knitting/crocheting up their SGY handspun during the KAL! So if a spinner posts a prep photo and date, then a final spun fiber skein, THEN a project knit or crocheted with that skein, you get a bonus entry! Pre-spun yarn is not eligible for a bonus entry, sorry. :/
- Spinners will also get a bonus entry for each additional 100 grams of SGY fiber. So if you’ve got a double fiber membership and you spin up both of your fiber bundles, you’ll get a bonus entry for that too.
- Don’t worry, I’ll take care of adding the bonus entries for everyone. So for each entry, please just make one post.
- GRAND PRIZE: Three skeins of yarn (2 sock, 1 lace) OR three braids of fibre (Merino Bamboo Silk or BFL+Silk) in the colourways of your choice, plus a set of all our patterns
- SECOND PRIZE: Two skeins of yarn (1 sock, 1 lace) OR two braids of fibre (Superwash BFL or BFL or Superwash Merino) in the colourways of your choice, plus a set of all our patterns
- THIRD PRIZE: One skein of yarn (1 sock) OR one braid of fibre (Superwash BFL or Superwash Merino) in the colourways of your choice, plus a set of all our patterns
THIS KAL/CAL/SAL RUNS FROM APRIL 1 to JUNE 30!! Fabulous prizes will be announced nearer the deadline!! HAVE FUN!
Enter your posts here: https://www.ravelry.com/discuss/sweet-sweetgeorgia/2088880/