We made it! Tempest, our collaboration with Holli Yeoh has finally launched. After months of working late nights with a brilliant community of helpful and generous test and sample knitters, Holli and I are happy to see this book come to light. In its 84 pages, you’ll find 11 beautifully crafted patterns including garments, hats, mitts, cowls, and blankets.
Patterns included: Seaswell, a ballet-neck cardigan; Watermark, a cowl neck tunic with lace trim; Procella, a slouchy hat and fingerless mitts set; First, Second, and Third Beach Cowls, all based on variations of a Milanese lace stitch pattern; Eventide, a chevron patterned pullover; Stormwatch, a drapey and boxy-style pullover; Breakers, a cozy and chunky cowl worked in double garter stitch; Ebb & Flow, a blanket in three sizes; and Haven, a poncho or wrap that uses double-stranded cashmere fingering weight yarn to produce an ombré effect.
Here’s a quick look at the patterns in the book:
We also have a blog tour for Tempest that is about to start. Be sure to visit these fabulous blogs over the next couple weeks to win prizes! Here’s the schedule:
- Friday, Oct 17 Hunter Hammersen, Violently Domestic
- Monday, Oct 20 Megan Goodacre, Tricksy Knitter
- Saturday, Oct 25 Kate Atherley, Wise Hilda Knits
- Monday, Oct 27 Stephannie Tallent, Sunset Cat Designs
- Saturday, Nov 1 Julie Matthews, Knitting at Large
- Monday, Nov 3 Very Shannon
- Saturday, Nov 8 Davina Choy, Sheep & Stitch
- Monday, Nov 10 Heather Zoppetti Designs
- Saturday, Nov15 Donna Druchunas, Sheep to Shawl
- Monday, Nov 17 Shannon Okey
- Saturday, Nov 22 Anniken Allis, Confessions of a Yarn Addict
- Monday, Nov 24 Lucy Neatby, Happy Stitches
- Saturday, Nov 28 Knit Social Event Company
- Monday, Dec 1 Miso Crafty Knits
Where to buy Tempest
Tempest is available now as both a digital e-book ($23, available on Ravelry) and as a print book ($25, includes a copy of the e-book as well).
A learning community for Tempest
We’ve also launched a website just for Tempest at Tempestknit.com. There, you’ll be able to find links to a series of online video tutorials that Holli and I put together. We put the videos together to show you some of the techniques that are used to knit the pieces in Tempest. If you’re a visual learner like I am, you’ll appreciate being able to see how Holli makes those special stitches! Here’s a sample of one of the videos:
#tempestknit Hashtag contest
And finally, we would love to see what you are knitting from Tempest! Please hashtag your projects, yarn selections, and your works-in-progress with #tempestknit to be entered in our contest! We’ll do a draw in January for yarn prizes (including a kit of CashLuxe Fine yarn for the Haven project, a value of over $200). Please tag Holli and SweetGeorgia at @holliyeoh and @heysweetgeorgia on Twitter and @holliyeoh and @sweetgeorgia on Instagram.