For the past SIX years, we’ve been creating new monthly colourways for our SweetGeorgia Club and hosting chats about the offerings on our Ravelry community. It’s been awesome to see how everyone stretches themselves to knit/spin and explore colours or fibres that they might not have been familiar/comfortable with. We’re all about getting people out of their comfort zone, in an enthusiastic but gentle way.
Now, we’ve used whatever technology was available in 2009 to corral our Club subscriptions together and try to create a streamlined process, but now seems like the right time to give the whole Club a little bit of an upgrade. I’m hoping this will be a big improvement to our old process and make it easier to participate in the Club or gift the Club to friends and family.
Here’s some of the changes:
- Join ANYTIME. There are no longer three-month cutoff periods where you have to wait to join the Club. Now, you can subscribe anytime and (depending on the date during the month) you can start receiving Club shipments by the next month.
- Discounts for longer subscriptions. Now, if you’re a long-time dedicated SweetGeorgia Club member (like some of you guys who have been in the Club for YEARS now! yay!) the cost per month is lower if you pre-pay for 6 or 12 months at a time.
- Gift Subscriptions. The new system should make it easier to send the Club to friends or family and allow you to specify their shipping address when you sign up. And after their Gift Subscription expires, the recipient can choose to continue on their own.
- Recurring Subscriptions. After 3 months (or 6 or 12 months), the system will automatically renew you so there’s no need to remember to come back and sign up every few months. You can set it and forget it and just enjoy the shipments every month.
- Prices and shipping costs. the prices shown on the website do not include shipping costs. We used to estimate the shipping costs and include them in the club price, but over the past year, we found that we are heavily, heavily subsidizing the cost of shipping and it’s killer. Channa found that our shipments within Canada and International are anywhere between $8 to $17 per package per month. And shipments to the US for a single skein/braid are $8 and a double package costs $10. So therefore, a Sock Yarn Subscription (Single Skein) for three months would be $102 plus $24 for shipping.
If you’ve already joined the Club for January 2015 start, no worries, everything will still continue as usual for you until March. But if you want to continue after March, you can just come sign up via the new system. Easy peasy.
Also, we will definitely still do the pick up option for those of you who are local and would like to save on shipping! Please enter “PICKUP” in the coupon code box AND HIT ENTER when you checkout so that you’ll get free shipping!
We hope you’ll join us in the new Club starting in January 2015. To receive the January shipment, please sign up by December 25, 2014. Sign up here with the code SGYBLOG10 to get 10% off your subscription!