As you may well know, this has been and continues to be a big and busy year in many ways for my family and I. Here’s the short list:
- We welcomed baby Nina in March
- My husband and I will both turn the big 4-0 in July (our birthdays are eight days apart)
- We are also celebrating our 5-year wedding anniversary in July (smack dab in between our birthdays)
- My book about dyeing, spinning, and knitting will be published before the end of this year (check it out, we have cover artwork!!)
- and other awesome and amazing things that have happened this year too, like finally being united (after a decade!) with my fairytale dream wheel, the Lendrum Saxony and being asked to teach dyeing workshops at Vogue Knitting Live in the fall
These events have no doubt become the source of great inspiration for me this year and they have definitely worked their way into our new colourways for Fall. Earlier this spring, we teased the new gradient colourways that we are making for our Party of Five mini-skein sets… and this week, we’re launching the second of five colourways: Jellybean.
Jellybean is a gradient of fuschia pink to vivid orange, inspired entirely by our wedding colours. Fuschia is my favourite colour (surprise, surprise) and orange (Oranje) is my husband, Dan’s favourite colour and so we used these colours for our wedding, despite concerns that the event might end up looking like a circus. These are some of my favourite photos from our wedding, hopefully, distinctly un-circus-like:
Instead of a more traditional approach to the “unity candle” idea, we had our mothers each carry a vase of pink and orange jelly beans as they walked into the ceremony. And instead of lighting a single candle together, we poured all the jelly beans together into one giant vase that became the centerpiece of a candy buffet later that evening.
To me, the pink and orange, the jelly beans, the sweetness… it all spells joy. And while our five years have not been without their share of challenges, obstacles, frustrations, and tears, it is still with great joy that our two lives have blended and merged together. That’s what the Jellybean is all about.
The Jellybean colourway is available now in our shop! We’ll be launching three more colourways later this summer. Stay tuned!