The Fall issue of Interweave Knits came out almost a month ago and I’ve been “dyeing” (I couldn’t resist!) to share pics of the Kathe Cardigan by the amazing Linda Marveng!
The entire issue is filled with bold, rich, luxe pieces that are as infinitely cozy as they are modern. Kathe Cardigan is no exception. It’s worked up in our Superwash Sport, an ultra-lightweight yarn with a magnificent twist for showing off the cables. We love that they chose the neutral tone of Tumbled Stone, making it the perfect cross-over garment.
- Finished Size 31 (33½, 36½, 39½, 43½, 47½)” bust circumference. Cardigan shown measures 36½”; modeled with 2½” of positive ease.
- Yarn SweetGeorgia Yarns Superwash Sport (100% superwash merino wool; 328 yd 300 m/3½ oz 100 g): tumbled stone, 5 (5, 5, 6, 6, 7) skeins.
- Needles Size 2½ (3 mm): straight and two 32” circulars (cir). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Notions Markers (m); removable m; stitch holders; waste yarn for provisional CO; size E/4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook; tapestry needle.
- Gauge 28 sts and 36 rows = 4” in Reverse Fern St patt; 26 sts and 44 rows = 4” in Moss st; 24 sts and 36 rows = 4” in St st.
PS. You might recognize Linda’s name because she’s designed a few things for SweetGeorgia; Aine and a soon-to-be-released cardigan called Amara (oh, my, you are going to love it). In fact, I thought I’d take a moment to throw in a teaser of her designing prowess.