The stitch pattern was so beautiful and I could immediately envision it on the diagonal. It helps that it perfectly integrated into the edging.
Utterly soft and decadent, Edale, an asymmetrical shawl, is the perfect play of texture, lace, and comfort. Knit with only two skeins of our lightweight Bulletproof Sock, the results are breathlessly dramatic and eternal.
Corrina’s Tip for Knitting Edale
When doing the knitted on edging, it doesn’t matter which way you work the slip stitches – purlwise or knitwise will work just fine. I like to pick the one that feels the most natural as I work the repeats of the edging and just stick with it!
Behind the Brilliance: Corrina’s Five Faves
- Fave way to spend the evening after work: I would love to be taking a long walk on the local rails to trails pathway, but I usually I end up knitting.
- Fave yarn weight: Right now I’m all about the bulky. Give me those quick knits!
- Fave guilty pleasure: Young adult tv like Pretty Little Liars. Perfect for deadline knitting.
- Fave fall colours: I love a rich plum and a burnt orange. Sadly the orange doesn’t work for me, but I can wear plum all day.
- Fave thing to wear in the fall: We don’t have much in the way of fall here in Florida. But when the temperature gets under 80 I can wear blue jeans and shoes that aren’t flip flops, so I got that going for me.
Colour Options to Try
These are some other colours options that we think you might love, too!
Edale is available via our website or Ravelry. Corrina always has fascinating tutorials and patterns, so check out her website at www.corrinaferguson.com for more!