Choose your favorite fall pattern (like these), pick up some SweetGeorgia yarn or fibre, grab your needles, and rev up your “maker” spirit because in just a couple of weeks, the first annual Fall with SweetGeorgia Make Along (MAL) is set to kick off!
With the cool-weather season subtly hinting at the edges of the day, there’s a definite shift causing us to crave those warm wools and quiet, crafty moments. The Fall with SweetGeorgia MAL is the perfect opportunity to branch out, try new things, and, ultimately, create a gorgeous little-something in time for winter.
Below are all the things you need to know to join in!
Fall with SweetGeorgia MAL Details
Dates: The MAL will run from October 11 – November 8. You can absolutely join in any time, throughout the MAL, with no pressure or stress. The goal is to ignite creativity to see what delight comes out. On November 10th, we’ll share some of your finished projects, as well as announce winners for our FAB prizes!
Live Video Chats: You read that right! There will be two very special video Make Along chats where we’ll craft together! It’s the perfect opportunity to ask questions, connect with fellow fiber artists, and savor friendship. The video chats will run for an hour on October 20 and November 3, both at 1pm EST. We’ll post more information on how to join in a little later.
Blog: Here on the SweetGeorgia blog, we’ll share a few posts with tips, advice, and our own progress. We’ll link to them from the Sweet SweetGeorgia Ravelry Group so you won’t miss a thing.
How Do I Sign Up?
By filling out this handy little form here — Doing so allows you to be eligible for the prizes (such GREAT prizes!) at the end of the MAL, receive our SweetGeorgia updates, and allow you to receive our free newsletter-exclusive patterns. Your information will absolutely remain confidential.
How Do I Participate?
At the Sweet SweetGeorgia Ravelry Group is where all the chatting, picture sharing, questions, and tips will happen! We’re in this together, so bring your laughter, ideas, and crafty-love to the forum.
You can also follow along on social media with the hashtag #fallwithsweetgeorgia via Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Rules of the MAL
- Have fun! This is about creative self-discovery, so break out of the box to try something new.
- Your project can be anything, but it must use SweetGeorgia Yarn or Fiber. And did we mention we have a special sale just for our sweet MAL superstars? Use code SGYMAL2016 at check out for to get free shipping on all orders over $75.
- You don’t have to finish your project by the deadline to participate (even though we really hope you do)! We do ask that you share pics in-progress with us on our Ravelry group, though, so we can cheer you along!
What Can I Make?
For this Make Along, you can knit, crochet, spin, or weave. In fact, as long as you are using SweetGeorgia yarn or fiber, you can make anything! Since you’ll be surrounded by so much support, perhaps this is a good time to try something new. Or maybe you need something soft, soothing, and comforting for the approaching cold season. For our knitters in the bunch, we of course hope you’ll consider one of our Fall with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 2 patterns. The sky is the limit, though!
How Do I Choose Colours?
I know – we have a lot of gorgeous colours, don’t we? It’s hard to decide! Here are five ideas you can use to choose the perfect project colourway:
- Narrow it down to your favourite colour and then choose a shade that pops out first at you. I’m a purple lover, so Juicebox is the one that catches my attention every time.
- If you have a colour that you usually choose, try something on the complete opposite side of the colour wheel. For example, if you always pick blues, then choose an orange shade, like Cayenne or Goldmine.
- Find the colour that jumps out as the most “daring,” and get it! Can you say “Orchid” or “Blood Orange?”
- Let your project intent inspire you. For example, if you are planning a a prayer shawl, perhaps you might gravitate towards the more neutral colours such as Fossil, Hush, or Goldmine. Or, it might be a sweater for Dad, so perhaps consider Walnut, Fern, or Nightshade.
- Close your eyes, take 3 deep breaths, lift your finger without looking, and see where it falls on the screen … and let the Universe pick for you.
Our prizes are going to be pretty spectacular and we couldn’t do it without these amazing sponsors helping out. Be sure to visit them, show your support, and thank them for participating on what we think is going to be an awesome Make Along!
3 thoughts on “Get Ready! Fall with SweetGeorgia Make Along 2016”
Where are we supposed to sign up for this? I expected a link, but there wasn’t one :(
Hi there! The form (two fields) should appear above! I’m sorry, it appears that it was missing earlier, but it is here now! Thanks!!