I love the mix of Stockinette and Reverse Stockinette. I think it shows off the depth of the beautifully dyed color.
Delicate gradients of green unfurl down the length of these simple socks by Fatimah Hinds. Worked up in our Botanica Party of Five set, the results are lightweight, subtly textural, and oh-so-charming, making it a sweet little project perfect for spring.
Fatimah’s Top Tip
Be sure to knit a gauge swatch! For this sock, both the stitch and row gauges matter.
Behind the Brilliance: Fatimah’s Spring Things
- Favourite colour from SweetGeorgia: Goodness this is a hard one! I got the chance to design a sweater using Songbird and I really loved it. The color combination used is so unique.
- Favourite guilty pleasure: Gin! I like to try the local version of the places I travel. I usually buy a bottle as a souvenir.
- Favourite spring flower: I LOVE lilies, especially the smell.
- Favourite spring accessory: I use this time to squeeze in a few more wears of my favorite knit sweaters. I keep it light with quarter sleeves and no closure with a tank top underneath.
- Favourite beverage: I love to drink vanilla chai.
Unfurling Leaves is available as an individual pattern or in the Spring with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 2 eBook both on our website and on Ravelry. Follow Fatimah on Instagram to see all the fun she is up to: @disturbingthefleece