Thanks for your interest in our upcoming Spring Knit-Along!
Cast on is not until April 1st… but in the meantime, check out the patterns or yarns that you might choose for your project. The KAL will run from April 1 to May 15, so there’s plenty of time to plan still!
Spring 2018 KAL/CAL/WAL/SAL
Start Date: April 1, 2018
End Date: May 15, 2018 (thread will close on May 22, 2018)
1st Prize: one skein of yarn/fibre (any base and colour) OR one Party of Five set (any colour) OR one Prismatic Essential Mini Mini Yarn Set
2nd Prize: oneParty of Five set (any colour)
3rd Prize: one skein of Tough Love Sock OR a braid of fibre (any colour)
4th Prize: free PDF copy of Spring with SweetGeorgia vol.3
5th Prize: one free PDF pattern from Spring with SweetGeorgia vol.3
– Must use at least one skein of SweetGeorgia yarn.
– Each project is ONE entry.
– Project must be started on or after April 1st 2018.
– Project can be knit, crochet, weaving, or spinning.
– Project must have a separate post in NO CHAT SGY SPRING KAL thread.
– Project DOESN’T need to be completed for entry, but does need to have used at least 400 yards of yarn.
Each post counts as one entry which must include: (please use this point form for your entry)
– name and colourway of yarn/fibre
– yardage used
– cast on date
– finished date (if not finished, please make sure you used up 400 yards of yarn)
– name of pattern
– link to your Ravelry project page
– how many BONUS entries you have achieved (please use the “Bonus Entries” section to calculate your bonus entries)
– one bonus entry if you use a new Spring/Summer 2018 colourway (Candy Apple, Lollipop, Pineapple, Kale Chip, Racing Green, Fizzy Water, Daydream, Eden, Neverland, Rainbow Sprinkles, Raspberry Swirl, and Tea Leaves.)
– one bonus entry for each extra skein of SweetGeorgia yarn used (you must use at least 50% of the skein for it to count)
– one bonus entry if you complete the project by May 15
Starting one project of Grotto Nymph sleeveless top in Fizzy Water colourway = 1 entry
+ 1 for using one extra SweetGeorgia skein that was 50% used up (used 1.5 skein in total for the whole project)
+ 1 for using a pattern from Spring with SweetGeorgia vol.3 (Grotto Nymph)
+ 1 for using a Spring/Summer 2018 New colourway (Fizzy Water)
+ 1 for finishing the project by May 15
Total number of entries = 5 !!
Feel free to share your progress in other platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., but they won’t be counted as an entry.
You can use #sweetgeorgiayarns and #sgyspring18kal when sharing on other platforms.
As a special bonus, here’s a coupon code for 10% off to help you with your KAL supplies: springkal2018 (excludes prismatics, yarn sets & knitting kits – ends April 30, 2018)