April showers bring May flowers and … spring fibres?! Okay, we’ll keep working on our rhyme, but before spring comes in full force, we think it’s perfect time to prepare for a new SweetGeorgia Spring Make-Along! The last days of winter are just the ticket to play with lightweight yarns and breezy projects as we make our way into warmer and brighter days ahead. Whether you knit, crochet, spin, or weave, we’d love to have you join us!
When does the Spring Make-Along start?
Start Date: March 17, 2020
End Date: April 24, 2020
How can I participate?
Join us over on the School of SweetGeorgia Community Forums (free to join), under the SweetGeorgia Spring Make-Along 2020 Club, for all the fun chats, stories, and tutorials. We’ll also be sharing successes across social media!
Virtual make-togethers: Here are the scheduled crafternoon meet-ups online:
- Wednesday, March 18, starting at 10am PST
- Tuesday, March 24, starting at 10am PST
- Tuesday, March 31, starting at 10am PST
- Tuesday, April 7, starting at 10am PST
- Tuesday, April 14, starting at 10am PST
- Tuesday, April 21, starting at 10am PST
We also hope to continue online meet-ups following the end of our Spring Make-Along on April 24th. To be notified about any future virtual meet-up dates, please subscribe to our email newsletters where we will list the link to join (unlisted currently for added Zoom security).
Are there prizes?
YOU KNOW IT! For each one of your entries that follow the (easy) rules, you’ll be entered into a draw for one of three prizes:
- Grand Prize: 2 skeins Tough Love Sock yarn, 1 Party of Five mini-skein set, plus a 3-month Subscription to School of SweetGeorgia.
- Second Place Prize: 1 Party of Five mini-skein set plus a 3-month subscription to School of SweetGeorgia.
- Third Place Prize: 1 skein of our new SeaSilk Lace yarn.
What are those (easy) rules?
You can make anything, BUT, to be eligible for the prize giveaway draw, your project MUST:
- Either be made using any SweetGeorgia yarn or fibre – OR – be a SweetGeorgia pattern.
- Cast-on on, or after, March 17, 2020.
- Tag all of your posts (either in the School of SweetGeorgia community forum or club, or on Instagram) with #sgyspringmal and #sweetgeorgiayarns. You get one entry for each image you tag!
I need yarn ideas!
Oh, yes! We’ve got lots of options to help you with there…
- Fingering-weight yarns: Tough Love Sock (either as single skeins or in Party of Five mini-skein sets), Bulletproof Sock, Flaxen Silk Fine, CashLuxe Fine, CashLuxe Spark.
- Lace-weight yarns:CashSilk Lace, Merino Silk Lace, Silk Mist, and our BRAND NEW SeaSilk Lace.
- Or try spinning your own yarn with any of our fibres!
And maybe some pattern suggestions?
There are a ton of fingering-weight pattern ideas, including our new Spring with SweetGeorgia, Vol. 5 collection, but don’t feel limited there! We have a range of patterns using any yarn weight and style for you: https://sweetgeorgiayarns.com/product-category/patterns/
Some further pattern suggestions we’ve spotted on digital newsstands:
- Vallombrosa Cowl by Madeleine Windsor
- Triton Triangle Scarf by Lori Carson
- Gatsby Shawl by Dawn Henderson
- Kite by Claudia Eisenkolb
- Yuzu Cowl by Athena Chang
- The Hurricane Shawl by Shell Bachant
- Morning Sun by Suvi Simola
- Match & Move by Martina Behm
- Folly by Laura Aylor
- Stormy Sky Shawl by Life Is Cozy
- Forest Park Hat (or Forest Park Cardigan or Forest Park Junior!) and Seagull Shawl by Kay Hopkins