On today’s episode of Taking Back Friday, I’m excited to share my finished Throwback Cardigan! And I’m talking about what I’d like to knit next… there’s a couple of sweater patterns, specifically pullover patterns, that I’m interested in working through. But I’ve also been re-inspired by an old cowl pattern called the Five by Five cowl that I wrote many years ago. Now I’m revisiting it in new colour combinations.
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: Throwback Cardigan designed by Andrea Mowry of Drea Renee Knits. I knit my version in SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted (Trinket, Watershed, Sea Grass, Afternoon Nap colourways… you can find the colour set “Wonder Years” here). I knit size 2 and used every single inch of 4 skeins of main colour. For this sweater, I also used the Chiaogoo Bamboo SPIN knitting needles.
- want to learn stranded colourwork knitting for your own Throwback Cardigan? we’ve got a course for that. Please check out Modern Colourwork Knitting on the School of SweetGeorgia for our workshop on learning how to knit stranded colourwork. The course is available to members with an All-Access membership.
- what I’m thinking of knitting next:
- Throwover Pullover designed by Andrea Mowry — I’m thinking about knitting this with Superwash Worsted in Lady Grey for the main colour. For accent colours, I’m using Lupine, Clementine, and Afternoon Nap scraps.
- The Weekender designed by Andrea Mowry — I’m planning to knit this with two skeins of SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock held double.
- Chauncey designed by Isabell Kramer — I’m planning to knit this in SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Marine + a Party of Five mini-skein set in Gemstone.
- what we’re talking about today: Five by Five cowl that I designed way back in 2012. This pattern calls for two skeins of CashLuxe Fine and one skein of Silk Mist. In this reimagining, I’m thinking about knitting this with one skein of SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock (Fizzy Water) held together with one SweetGeorgia Sock Blank (Andromeda) plus one skein of Silk Mist (Mulberry). I’m also considering a second cowl in SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Lichen, CashLuxe Spark in Chili Chocolate, and Silk Mist in Strawberry Tea.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.