It’s been a couple weeks since we posted and I thank you for allowing us a moment to be quiet… to simply pause, give room to those in our community, listen with compassion, and learn… We’ve taken this time to have intentional, thoughtful, and productive conversations within our team to reflect on what we value, how we can serve others in need, who and what we can amplify, and what changes we can make in our work every day, not just today.
I’m excited to be back with this week’s episode of Taking Back Friday, space where I hope to share a bit of light and joy that comes from colour and craft. This week, we’ll look at the Chauncey pullover that I just finished knitting, the Breathe & Hope shawl that I’m currently knitting, and the Five by Five cowl project that I’m knitting for the School of SweetGeorgia. We also talk about the new 4-Day Sweater knit-along with Marie Greene, our upcoming Zoom workshops with Debbie Held and Janna Maria Vallee, AND the brand new book authored by our very own design director, Tabetha Hedrick.
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: Chauncey designed by Isabell Kraemer — I knit this in SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Marine + a Party of Five mini-skein set in Gemstone. For this sweater, I also used the Chiaogoo Bamboo SPIN knitting needles.
- what I’m knitting: I’m knitting the Breathe & Hope shawl by Casapinka in a combination of the Party of Five mini-skein set in Gemstone and a skein of Tough Love Sock in a dye test skein… closest colourway is probably Fauna.
- what I’m also knitting: the Five by Five Cowl in CashLuxe Fine in Magician and Mulberry, plus a skein of Silk Mist in Lupine
- know someone who wants to learn to knit? We’ve got a course for that! Please see “Learn to Knit: Your First Scarf” on the School of SweetGeorgia for our workshop on learning how to cast on, knit, and cast off. The course is available to members with a free membership.
- knit with us: There are so many knit-alongs about to start! Join the 4-Day Sweater knit-along with Marie Greene or perhaps our upcoming SweetGeorgia Mystery Knit-Along
If you are interested in participating in the giveaway for Tabetha’s new book “Switch & Knit Stitch Dictionary” please enter your info below.
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.