We’re halfway through the year and it’s a great time to check in and ask yourself how your “Make 9” is coming along?
In today’s episode of Taking Back Friday, I’m re-visiting my original goals that I set back in January and asking myself if they are projects I still want to accomplish or if I should re-negotiate my commitments. With life in 2020 throwing us a curveball and creating new routines, new schedules, and new activities in our lives… it makes sense that our original goals might have changed.
How have your project goals changed and what will you focus on for the next six months?
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: Throwback Cardigan designed by Andrea Mowry of Drea Renee Knits. I knit my version in SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted (in the “Wonder Years” set… you can also find all our colour sets here). I knit size 2 and used every single inch of 4 skeins of main colour. For this sweater, I also used the Chiaogoo Bamboo SPIN knitting needles.
- what I’m talking about today: Today I’m talking about the Make Nine challenge – nine projects you choose that you want to complete over the course of any given year. Click here for our Plan Your Make Nine workbook on the School of SweetGeorgia, and you can find the projects I selected for my own Make Nine here.
- what I also share: Our new limited-edition Daydream sock yarn blank now available, and the Cumberland shawl we’ve knit this sunny sock blank into (**note: get the Cumberland pattern for free w/each Daydream sock blank purchase until the end of July 7). I also show a closer look at the new Ice Pop Stitch Markers that are SO, SO adorable – handcrafted by Leah of TheCraftyColon.
- current spinning projects and products mentioned: In the video I talk about how I’ve been enjoying time spinning lately, both on suspended spindles as well as my Ashford E-Spinner 3. Spinning fibre I mention includes: Superwash BFL (unique colourway), Polwarth+Silk Tapestry, Targhee fibre in Tofino Roadtrip and Spring Fling, and the beautiful fibre batt from our good friend Katrina Stewart of Crafty Jak’s. I also mention Tour de Fleece that is currently taking place.
- are you interested in learning (more) about spinning? Join our upcoming live Zoom workshop on Spinning with E-Spinners led by Debbie Held. We have many other excellent spinning courses available: Carding for Colour led by Katrina Stewart (mentioned in the vlog), plus Spinning with Suspended Spindles all the way to Spin to Knit a Sweater. View all the spinning course content available HERE.
- what I’m knitting: Breathe and Hope shawl design by Casapinka in a combination of the Party of Five mini-skein set in Gemstone and a skein of Tough Love Sock in a dye test skein… closest colourway is probably Fauna.