It’s Mystery Knit-Along time! And if you don’t know what a mystery knit-along is, or if you’re new to mystery knit-alongs, I want to help.
On today’s vlog, I’m happy to share with you a little bit about what mystery knit-alongs (MKAL) are, plus talk more about what specifically we will be doing with this year’s 2020 SweetGeorgia MKAL. I also want to help by talking about the challenges or fears you might face as you consider knitting a mystery knit-along shawl.
A couple of weeks ago I shared about how I had put some of my knitting on hold, that I was enjoying working on spinning and other projects. But then I started to crave that feeling in my fingers again, so I have a whole bunch more knitting projects on the go that I also want to share with you today.
Join me on today’s Taking Back Friday episode to hear more about my current knitting projects, plus other new updates from the School of SweetGeorgia and more!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: I’m wearing my Cederberg shawl (photo above!), our 2017 SweetGeorgia Mystery Knit-Along shawl designed by Tabetha Hedrick. I knit mine in one skein of our CashLuxe Spark yarn in Natural/Undyed, along with two skeins of our Tough Love Sock – one in Lupine and one in a colourway that is unfortunately currently unavailable, Intergalactic.
- what I’m talking about today: Today I share more information about our 2020 Mystery Knit-Along, Laurel Mists. You can find links to our suggested yarn sets, pattern download links and more at our Laurel Mists blog post.
- what I also mention: Recent updates at the School of SweetGeorgia including our recent Spinning with an E-Spinner workshop, plus the first episode of our Leah Learns Design series available on the SOS site. I also mention Tabetha’s new Switch & Knit Stitch Dictionary and Kate Atherley’s Custom Socks book which I’m using for knitting my handspun socks. If you’re interested in learning more about knitting socks with handspun yarn, visit our Spin to Knit Socks courses taught by Rachel Smith, also on the SOS site.
- what I’m currently knitting: I am currently working on Marie Greene’s Soundtrack 4 Day Sweater KAL. I’m knitting mine in SweetGeorgia BFL+Silk DK in Mulberry and Lupine. I’m also working on toe up custom socks using my own handspun yarn, using Kate Atherley’s Custom Socks book.
- interested in learning more about knitting? We have courses to help! Whether you’re a beginner or looking to expand your skills, on the School of SweetGeorgia you can find easy, step-by-step videos teaching beginner knitters how to knit, or courses to help take your knitting skills further with knitting your first lace or sweater project. Find all our knitting courses available HERE.