Welcome to the very first Taking Back Friday of November! Today I want to share with you some of the collaborations that we’re doing in the knitting world, and some of the things that are happening with our yarns.
The very first one I want to let you know about is a collaboration we’re so excited for… a collaboration with Vickie Howell’s subscription box, YarnYAY!. Each month, Vickie’s subscription box features a number of different makers: yarn makers, notions maker, pattern makers and a bunch of different exciting things. And in the November subscription box, there’s a skein of our SweetGeorgia Superwash DK yarn in Dried Lavender! Also included in each box is always both a knit and crochet pattern – this month featuring a knit cowl pattern designed by Vickie, and a crochet cowl pattern designed by Detroit Knots.
There are also a couple of other goodies in the November box: a set of super cute labels made by Kylie and the Machine and a bracelet kit from Hello Bargello. In a previous vlog, I was wearing these little Bargello earrings that I made from a Hello Bargello kit. They’re so much fun to make – so easy and quick!
Watch today’s Taking Back Friday vlog to get a closer look at everything included in this month’s YarnYAY! box, plus many other new and exciting items I have to share with you! I talk about our new Tapestry Sock Yarn Blank, changes to one of our yarn base names (and the reason behind it), what I’m knitting right now, as well I talk about my new sock design that begs to be worn while curled up at home… wearing pyjamas, drinking hot chocolate by a fireplace.
I can’t believe it’s getting so close to the end of 2020. I’d love to hear what is making you happy in these days. Leave me a comment and let me know what is keeping your spirits up, and how you’re spending your time with your crafts!
*feature photo courtesy of Vickie Howell
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: In the video, I’m wearing my Kettle Valley shawl, designed by Knox Mountain Knit Co. I knit mine using our Tough Love Sock yarn in Chili Chocolate (colourway now discontinued), Fauna and Cayenne.
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to all the items I talk about in today’s video:
- We LOVE the backdrop of Vickie Howell’s November YarnYAY! unboxing video! You can subscribe to the November YarnYAY! box HERE. The fabulous makers featured in the November box are: Vickie Howell‘s knit cowl design, Natalie of Detroit Knots crochet cowl design, Kylie and the Machine MADE woven labels, Hello Bargello bracelet kit, and of course our own SweetGeorgia Superwash DK yarn in Dried Lavender.
- The Hello Bargello earrings I also mention in today’s video are not included in the November YarnYAY! box, but can be found here.
- The release of our new SweetGeorgia Tapestry limited-edition single sock blank. The beautiful sample Charlotte knit was the Kiowa shawl pattern, knit using one Tapestry Sock Blank plus one skein Tough Love Sock in Grapefruit.
- The newly released Operation Sock Drawer book by the Knitmore Girls. (Also watch the book launch livestream with the Stockinette Zombies.) The cozy pattern I designed for the book is Après, knit using our SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted in Mink and Rainbow Sprinkles, plus Tough Love Sock in Lollipop, held double, for the heels and toes. I also filmed two new tutorials while making these socks – the Afterthought Heel tutorial and Grafting tutorial both available now on the School of SweetGeorgia.
- I also mention Ethan Lyn’s Tolstoy’s Triumphant Thermals pattern from the Operation Sock Drawer book knit two-at-a-time with a super interesting double knitting method.
- Shop our newly-named Mohair Silk Sock (previously called Bulletproof Sock).
- want I’m currently knitting? I’m continuing working on my Soundtrack sweater, designed by Marie Greene. I’m knitting mine in SweetGeorgia BFL+Silk DK in Mulberry and Lupine. But a new project I’ve recently started is a new colourwork sweater that I’m test knitting for Abbye Dahl, designed using our Superwash DK yarn (I’m using the colourway Mink and then subbing with a selection of Tough Love Sock yarn held double). The pattern is not released yet, but you can find all of her available patterns at her webshop!
- want to learn more about knitting and/or colourwork knitting? We have courses that can help! Right from the very beginning of how to knit, through to knitting Your First Sweater and learning Stranded Colourwork, be sure to check out all of the knitting content available at the School of SweetGeorgia!