Whether you’re looking for a quick-to-complete project in time for gift-giving, or just wanting inspiration for a little relaxed knitting for yourself over the holidays, we’re happy to share with you a few ideas we’ve been eyeing ourselves! With patterns for knitting and crochet, included is also a small selection of some lovely gift ideas. There are so many talented makers in the fibre arts community, we hope you have fun exploring them all and maybe learning about a few new ones in your search too!
And for fibre artists either new or experienced, give the gift of learning at the School of SweetGeorgia! We have SOS gift memberships available (redeemable towards new memberships only), and a number of courses and tutorials on the SOS site to help makers along the journey of fibre arts exploration. Or for another option that requires no concern over shipping delays, our SweetGeorgia Gift Cards are a great choice and can be redeemed towards any of the products on our site!
- Bright Tinsel by Tabetha Hedrick (mitts shown in the image above!)
- Ribsy Hat new pattern by Kay Hopkins
- Riparian cowl design by Samantha McKay
- North Wind hat by Felicia Lo
- Freeze lacy knit star by Tin Can Knits
- Boba hat by Athena Chang
- Quick Switch Hat by Abbye Dahl
- Frida knit headband by Emilie Luis
- Quiet Morning hat and mitten set by Paula Niskasaari
Weaving projects can also be surprisingly quick to complete, and we suggest taking a look at the weaving courses on the School of SweetGeorgia, which have patterns included in each course. As well, Felicia’s new Triple Check houndstooth scarf pattern is perfect for weavers interested in fun colour play over the holidays.
In our online shop, we also have many tools and equipment for knit and crochet, spinning and weaving, including the popular Cocoknits accessories recently added to the site (the SGY team may be particularly smitten with the super cute Needle Gauge)!
And despite shipping times around the globe taking a bit longer, if you’re looking for something special to be delivered as a new year treat or an “on it’s way” gift to share with a friend, here are some ideas from some local-to-us makers (plus a few a bit further away):
- Katrina Stewart’s Crafty Jak’s Boutique carded batts would be such a treat for any spinner! You can also learn about Carding for Colour at the School of SweetGeorgia site, taught by Katrina.
- There are so many great gift ideas at the Grocery Girls online shop, including some colourful fun faux-fur pompoms!
- Speaking of pompoms, I love Janna’s sweet yarn & pompom set featuring her naturally dyed Everlea Yarn Organic Merino and two large faux fur pompoms! Janna Maria Vallee is an instructor on the School of SweetGeorgia for our Tapestry Weaving courses!
- Mariana Frochtengarten’s stunning hand-dyed shibori pieces at Flow Shibori, including oh-my-goodness amazing hand-dyed tights! Mariana is also the instructor of our Shibori Dyeing Basics course over at the School of SweetGeorgia
- The Tewín’xw Cranberry Facial Bar at Sḵwálwen Botanicals is a new favourite of mine, but the Kalkáy Wild Rose Yarrow Bath Salts have me dreaming of relaxing baths all winter long. A perfect post knit-night treat!
- Essentially everything in Shelli Can’s Holiday Shoppe, but the Enamel Pins always win me over!
- Amanda Kaffka’s super amazing Magpie Masks full of sparkly bling! I want to wear these around the house just to feel extra fancy.
- And it’s likely no surprise that this beautiful set is on my own wish-list… Brooklyn Haberdashery’s Brigid Gift Set! :)
There are so many excellent makers to follow and support online and I hope you enjoy this small look into some of the gift ideas on our own wish lists. Wishing everyone a safe, healthy and relaxing holiday season and end to the 2020 year!
FROM THE SHOP
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.