Last year in the middle of November, we moved out of an old studio space which we were at for about 7 or 8 years, and today I’m so excited to show you our new studio home.
Watch today’s Taking Back Friday vlog episode, the first of 2021, where I bring you along on this tour and show you what we’ve been working on for about the past year. So come on inside!
Join me on a tour through our Front Shop where we have all of our yarns, patterns, sample garments, weaving tools and more. Come visit our Party of Five kit production area and where all of our yarn is dyed and packaged. Say hello to the SweetGeorgia team, and join me as I share a few of my favourite things about this new space.
In today’s video I also share our latest release to the SweetGeorgia site – our limited-edition Frozen Grapes sock yarn blank. This single sock blank is perfect for making shawls, and in the vlog I share a project Charlotte knit using this new sock blank and one skein Tough Love Sock in Peony – the Mauka shawl. Designed by Tabetha Hedrick, this shawl lends itself really well to a gradient sock blank and is a simple project for someone just starting to knit shawls.
Thank you so much for joining me at today’s first vlog of the year. I hope you had a wonderful holiday – a relaxing and restorative break. I’m so excited to get started with 2021 and for all of the projects I want to work on this year. I’m also wondering what you would like us to make videos about as we move forward in 2021? If there is any technique or topic you’re interested in, I would love to hear about it! Fill out the super quick survey here: https://sweetgeorgiayarns.com/tbfsurvey
Thank you for following us on this Taking Back Friday journey and see you in the next one!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing: In the video I’m wearing my Five by Five Cowl design, knit using colours from my stash – a little bit of sparkly CashLuxe Spark, CashLuxe Fine and and our Silk Mist yarn. Colourways I used are: Strawberry Tea, Lichen and Chili Chocolate. (For new knitters interested in learning the steps to knit this cowl, we have a free School of SweetGeorgia course to teach you how: Five by Five Cowl!)
I’m also wearing my Veronika Cardigan design by Shannon Cook, knit using 8 skeins of our SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted in Mink.
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are the things mentioned and shown throughout the studio tour…
- I mention two School of SweetGeorgia courses which were filmed in our new studio space: Techniques in Tapestry taught by Janna Maria Vallee, plus our Spinning Up a Level course taught by Katrina Stewart.
- New Leclerc Mira II Counterbalance Floor Loom, which I also talk about more in a previous Taking Back Friday episode. I used this loom during the filming of the SOS Handwoven Colour workshop series, for the Faux Ikat Scarves episode.
- Our beloved ceramic penguin sculpture made by Ray Tse.
- The adorable penguin made by Tabetha Hedrick, gifted to Teresa. Made using the Schacht Zoom Loom and the pattern used can be found in the Zoo Crew book.
- On the walls of our Front Shop you can see some of my circular frame loom weaving projects.
- Also shown in the front shop is our SOS Acid Dye kits, Cocoknits accessories, Gist Yarn for weaving projects, Ashford and Schacht tools and equipment, and Tabetha’s fabulous new book, Switch & Knit Stitch Dictionary!
- what I also mention in today’s video: In today’s vlog, I also share a special coupon code – TBFSOS – to enjoy a 14 day trial for $1 at the School of SweetGeorgia.
FROM THE SHOP
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.