Today I want to talk about making mistakes, and more specifically, about showing your mistakes.
I’ve been working on many handwoven projects, one of which is a twill gamp I’m weaving on my Louet Spring Loom woven using the new Gist Beam 3/2 Organic Cotton yarn we recently added to the SweetGeorgia shop. Now, if you’re wondering what a gamp is, it’s something where you’re able to try out a number of combinations of things, all at the same time. But the more and more I look at my twill gamp project as I’m weaving, I’m seeing tiny little mistakes. I thought that I checked every single heddle, but I still made some mistakes.
At today’s Taking Back Friday episode, I talk about the mindset around making mistakes and bouncing back. How do you approach your mistakes? And do perfect-looking, beautiful instagram photos encourage and inspire you? Or do they make you feel like the fibre arts craft is unattainable? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to the items mentioned in today’s vlog…
- The loom that I’m weaving the twill gamp on in the video is the first loom I ever bought for myself – the Louet Spring Floor Loom. An 8-shaft countermarch loom, mine is 44″/110cm wide.
- Other loom styles I mention in the vlog are jack looms and counterbalance looms. If you’re interested in getting a new loom for yourself and would like more information, check out my How to Buy a Weaving Loom post, including a downloadable guide on buying weaving equipment.
- The yarn I’m working with in my twill gamp is Gist Beam yarn, a 2-ply organic cotton that is a very strong weaving yarn. We’ve recently added this new yarn to our online SweetGeorgia shop and I’m enjoying testing it out, seeing how it looks once woven.
- want to learn more about weaving and the fibre arts? Join us over at the School of SweetGeorgia! We have weaving courses available for beginner weavers or weavers looking to expand their weaving skills. If you’re new to the School and interested in joining, start a 14-day trial for only $1, with access to everything that SOS has to offer. Enter the coupon code: CRAFTWITHUS on the plan of your choice on our sign-up page. I’d love to chat with you there!
FROM THE SHOP
sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to stay in the loop with all the updates, exclusive patterns,
and promotions for SweetGeorgia.