I have something new to show you. I just got this in the mail… today we’re going to unbox the new Electric Eel Wheel 6.0 by Dreaming Robots.
I’ve been enjoying quite a bit of spinning lately, spinning up the rolags I made inspired by the Blending Boards: From Rolags to Roving course at the School. I’ve been spinning them on my Lendrum Saxony wheel at home, and also using the Ashford e-Spinner 3 – the two main wheels I’m using right now.
Now, last year I did an unboxing video about the EEW Nano e-spinner also made by Dreaming Robots. It’s a tiny little e-spinner. I spun on the Nano and I spun on the Ashford, and now I wanted to compare these both with spinning on the Electric Eel Wheel 6.0 which has just come out. Maurice at Dreaming Robots was very kind to send us a wheel so we could test it out, unbox it and show you everything about it. So on today’s Taking Back Friday episode, let’s show you what’s in the box!
If you already have an Electric Eel Wheel 6.0 e-Spinner, I’d love to hear what you think! Or if you have a different e-spinner you want to share about. And if there are any demos you would like me to do using this particular e-spinner, let me know what you’d like to see me spin!
We also hope to share a longer video with more on the EEW 6.0 e-Spinner soon – stay tuned!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: In today’s vlog, I’m wearing the Beekeeper Cardigan design by Marie Greene of Olive Knits. I knit mine in SweetGeorgia BFL+Silk DK in Cayenne.
- what I’m talking about in today’s video: Today I’m talking about the new Electric Eel Wheel 6.0 by Dreaming Robots. You can purchase and find more info about it HERE. This wheel is very responsive, sturdy, and solid. If you are interested in spinning with an e-spinner, check out our SOS Spinning with E-Spinners course taught by Debbie Held. In the course, she uses a number of different brands of e-spinners. We also have a comparison of all the different e-spinners available – more info and PDF download is available at my Choosing an E-Spinner post.
- what I’m spinning in today’s video: The braid of fibre I’m working with in the video, and that can be seen in the photo above, is our Polwarth+Silk fibre, in the Aurora colourway. It can be found as one of the options in the dropdown menu HERE.
- other spinning wheels mentioned: The other spinning wheels I mention in today’s vlog is my Lendrum Saxony Double Drive Wheel, the Ashford e-Spinner 3, as well as the Schacht Matchless Wheel which we use at the studio for the filming of our spinning courses.
- want to learn more about spinning and the fibre arts? Join us over at the School of SweetGeorgia! We have spinning courses available for beginner spinners or spinners looking to expand their skills. If you’re new to the School and interested in joining, start a 14-day trial for only $1, with access to everything that SOS has to offer. Enter the coupon code: CRAFTWITHUS on the plan of your choice on our sign-up page. I’d love to chat with you there!
4 thoughts on “Unboxing the New EEW 6.0 E-Spinner”
Glad to see that you like the EEL6. It’s definitely my current favorite wheel, though I’m going to have to remember to try lacing my singles the way you demonstrated in this video.
I have to ask, how does it rank in terms of noise? To my ears it’s quieter than the Nano, but I can’t compare it to any other e-wheels through lack of experience.
Loved this, I have the Ashford E spinner and love it. Is the one you showed available in Australia? Thankyou for sharing
Thanks so much Celine! I believe they ship worldwide (except Germany and Italy at the moment)… https://www.dreamingrobots.com/shipping-policy/
Going by what I see on the Electric Eel Wheel facebook group, I’d say that there are definitely spinners in Australia with the EEL6 – or waiting for it to be released from customs/delivered. What’s more, looking at the DreamingRobots site, it’s into regular shipping, and not just the Kickstarter supporters.