For today’s Friday meet-up, we are going to relax and have a chat with Chen Chen and Hui Lian of Craft Atelier in Singapore.
Craft Atelier is the ultimate fibre arts studio for multicraftual makers. For someone who is interested in knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning or stitching – and anything to do with yarn, thread, fabric or fibre. These gals are inspired and energized, and have been building a craft community for many, many years now.
You may actually recognize Craft Atelier as one of our SweetGeorgia Brand Ambassadors, and that is because of all of the work they’re doing to spread the joy of colour and craft. So, join me on today’s Taking Back Friday as I meet with Chen Chen and Hui Lian…
Everything they are doing is so inspiring and encouraging, with making fibre arts and craft accessible to everyone. I would love to hear from you and see what you found the most helpful about this conversation. We are meeting with our Brand Ambassadors in conversations like this throughout the year, and I would love to hear about topics you’re interested in, or let me know if there’s any questions you’d like me to ask!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to items talked about in today’s vlog…
- If you are looking to get in touch with Craft Atelier, you can find them on Instagram @craftateliersg and at their website, and find Hui Lian on IG at @craft_0_holic, and Chen Chen at @craftsy_mummy.
- Information about our SweetGeorgia Brand Ambassador Program can be found here.
- At the end of the video, I talk about incorporating the act of making things into your life, as it fits into your life. The book I mention is The Practice – Shipping Creative Work, by Seth Godin.
- We talk about multicraftual makers and the management of multiple crafts. If you’re interested in reading more about this, I encourage you to check out this vlog post where I speak about the Multicraftual Mindset as well as The Multicraftual Maker workshop at the School of SweetGeorgia. In these lessons, I share helpful strategies for how to look at time, money, space, energy, and focus, and how you can best distribute those resources amongst your goals to help reach the deep satisfaction crafting can bring.
- want to learn more about the fibre arts? Join us over at the School of SweetGeorgia! with courses, articles and tutorials on a broad range of fibre arts. If you’re new to the School and interested in joining, start a 14-day trial for only $1, with access to everything that SOS has to offer. Enter the coupon code: CRAFTWITHUS on the plan of your choice on our sign-up page.