Join me at my new vlog series, Lo Meets Loom, where I talk about the filming and launch of our new course over at the School of SweetGeorgia, The Intentional Weaver, taught by Laura Fry, Canadian Master Weaver.
This past October we invited Laura to come to the SweetGeorgia studio to film a class specifically to teach all the techniques covered in her book, The Intentional Weaver. And somewhere over the course of four of five days of filming together, I realized it was exactly what I had wished for years earlier… to be able to sit and learn at the feet of a master weaver, and get coached by Laura Fry. I’m so excited for you to learn from this course all of Laura’s special techniques and tricks, in order to learn the nuances of how to get better at weaving, how to weave more efficiently and weave more ergonomically.
I would love to hear from you about your embarrassing stories of learning how to weave, or learning how to do anything. What’s been your most mortifying experience with learning to weave? Or is there anyone you would love to learn weaving from? Let me know in the comments!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: I’m weaving my Five by Five cowl design, knit using a little bit of sparkly CashLuxe Spark, CashLuxe Fine and and our Silk Mist yarn.
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to items from today’s video…
- You can find Laura Fry’s website here, and then more information on the Canadian Master Weaver program here.
- We have copies of The Intentional Weaver book plus the fabulous Harrisville Brass Threading/Sley Hook available to order from our site.
- In the cover photo above, the project is Laura’s Wall of Troy Runner design (pattern included in The Intentional Weaver course), shown woven in Gist Beam 3/2 Organic Cotton in Natural and Dandelion colourways.
- want to learn more about weaving and the fibre arts? I encourage you to come and visit us over at the School of SweetGeorgia (SOS)! You can browse through all of the weaving content, with courses available for all levels of weavers. We hope to see you there!