Welcome to the first video of 2022! I’m feeling a little bit nostalgic today – I’m back at home, it’s a snow day and things are closed, and so I’m filming from home just like old times.
At the end of 2021, I feel like I had completely run out of that creative energy that you need in order to make these videos… to make content in order to make things. A lot of my energy was put into things that I couldn’t necessarily talk about or show, and I feel like I left 2021 rather abruptly. And now here we are. I’m looking at starting this new year and kind of reflecting back on the year that has happened; how things have evolved, how I have evolved, and wondering where 2022 will take us.
In today’s Taking Back Friday vlog, let’s talk about going after new goals, breaking free from intimidation and labels. Let’s just make things we love.
Thank you so much for coming here to this vlog space to hear me talk about making things! I love seeing your comments and hearing about what you’re making, what you’re knitting, and where you get your inspiration – I love having that interaction with you. I hope that you will be here in 2022 as we continue to make more things with colour + craft.
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to items shown in today’s vlog…
- I talk about the topic of being a multicraftual maker. I’ve talked about this in a previous vlog post, as well as have a Multicraftual Maker online course at the School of SweetGeorgia where I lay out strategies to look at time, money, space, energy, and focus, and how you can best distribute those resources amongst your goals.
- I mention the Guild of Canadian Weavers and their Master Weaver certificate testing program.
- Our first Weaving Study Group at the School started just yesterday, studying weaving twills on 4-shaft looms. It takes place over the course of eight weeks, and you can join in anytime. I hope to see you there!
- want to learn more about the fibre arts? I encourage you to come visit our online fibre arts course content and community at the School of SweetGeorgia (SOS)! You can use the code CRAFTWITHUS to begin a new 14-day trial with us for just $1. It’s a simple and risk-free way to see what the School is all about!