I’m back in the studio and we are in full-on production mode for the School of SweetGeorgia! We started our first filming sessions this week for the 2022 SOS calendar, and on today’s Taking Back Friday, I want to talk a little bit about the knitting course we are filming.
We film a lot of classes for the School every year; each course taking between one to four shooting days, with an aim to launch two courses each month. It seems like quite an intense schedule of filming, but all of the feedback we’ve ever gotten from our SOS members has been that there’s an insatiable appetite for more knowledge. Specifically, to add content that is a little bit more in-depth – really going up close, seeing the nitty gritty of how things happen.
This week we’re filming with Vancouver Knitwear Designer Holli Yeoh, filming all about the nitty gritty parts of knitting. Holli and I met years ago and collaborated together to publish Tempest – a book of knitwear designs by Holli, knit using SweetGeorgia Yarns. (Shown in the image above is Holli’s Stormwatch design from Tempest!) And for this book, we filmed a number of knitting tutorials which planted the seed for what has now become the School.
As I have shared before, the School of SweetGeorgia is not just fibre arts courses – it is very much two things at the same time. It’s courses with videos and written educational content, but also, it’s community. Working with and alongside other people as we are making on our own fibre arts journey, we learn from each other. I really encourage you to come and check it all out!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: I’m wearing the Veronika Cardigan design by Shannon Cook, knit using 8 skeins of SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted in Mink.
- what I mention in today’s video: Here are links to items I talk about in today’s vlog live…
- Find Holli Yeoh over at her website and on Instagram at @holliyeoh.
- You can find some of the tutorials we filmed for the Tempest book, along with other tutorials, here at the SOS site.
- In the video, there is a clip in the studio shown of Ashford Mercerised Cotton 5/2 and Gist weaving yarns – these are both available in our online shop.
- The Design Your Own Triangular Shawl course with Tabetha Hedrick will be coming to the School in March. Find all of the upcoming courses at the Content Roadmap page.
- At the School this spring, we will have a Knitting Study Group, focusing on lace and design. We are also planning another Spring Make-Along – more information to come soon!