Join me at this month’s Taking Back Friday Live! Let’s talk about the latest projects I’ve been working on, plus what’s new at the SweetGeorgia and School of SweetGeorgia studio. Also this month, I’m excited to welcome on special guest Ruth Nguyen of Red Earth Design Studio who is currently in her last month working with us as one of our SweetGeorgia Designers in Residence. It’s been an absolute delight working with Ruth over the past year.
We’ll go live Friday, March 11th at 10am PST (1pm EST)! Bring your knitting, crochet or whatever you’re working on and join in for a casual catch up. I’d love to see you over in the YouTube live chat!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what is mentioned in the vlog: In this livestream episode, here are the links to the items mentioned…
- Find Ruth Nguyen at her Red Earth Design Studio site and on Instagram @redearthdesignstudio.
- Ruth’s knitting course, Beyond Wrap & Turn, will be coming soon to the School of SweetGeorgia.
- As we celebrate Ruth’s last month with us as part of the Designer in Residence program, use the code: RUTHROCKS 2022 to save 20% off all of Ruth’s designs at SweetGeorgia!
- I mention the Schacht Arras Tapestry loom, shown behind me in the video, as well I show Janna Maria Vallee’s Everlea Mini Loom and the Tapestry Coaster Bundles which will be part of the School of SweetGeorgia Tapestry Study Group, later on in May. For next month’s livestream, I’ll also have Janna Maria Vallee online with me and we’ll talk more about the study group.
- The SOS Knitting Study Group: Lace Mastery starts on March 17, 2022 at the School!
- Our Spring Lace Yarn Sale is currently taking place until the end of March 15th. Use the code: SPRINGLACE22 to save 20% off our SweetGeorgia lace yarns. I show a lace sample made with our SeaSilk Lace yarn, a wool-free yarn, which is part of the sale.
- Spring Make-Along will also be coming soon to SweetGeorgia – Tabetha will be sharing more about it on our blog soon!
- The stockinette swatch I created on my new flatbed knitting machine include the yarns: Mohair Silk DK in Strawberry Tea, Harrisville Shetland, BFL+Silk Fine, Superwash Worsted and Flaxen Silk Fine. Patterns that I’ve been looking at knitting using the machine are The Weekender by Andrea Mowry and Boxy by Joji Locatelli.
- I talk more about the circular sock knitting machine that I ordered in this vlog episode.