Join me at our August edition of Taking Back Friday Live! The second Friday of each month, instead of sharing a pre-recorded Taking Back Friday vlog, we go LIVE on the SweetGeorgia YouTube channel to have a casual catch-up on all the latest at SweetGeorgia and the School of SweetGeorgia. I’ll also talk about the fibre arts projects I’ve been working on.
We’ll be live Friday, August 12th at 10am PDT (1pm EDT)! Bring your knitting, crochet or whatever you’re working on and join in the YouTube live chat online. We hope to see you there!
If you can’t make it, don’t worry as the replay will be available (above) to watch following the end of the livestream.
UPDATE: The video replay is now available above!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: I’m wearing the Sailing Sweater design by Beckie Paul. I knit mine using SweetGeorgia Mohair Silk DK in Arbutus.
- what I mention in today’s livestream: Here is info and links to items I talked about in the vlog…
- The mystery knit-along taking place right now is the Autumn Dahlias MKAL, designed by Tabetha Hedrick. You can find the pattern here, and then all of the MKAL blog posts here.
- We have a Rigid Heddle Study Group currently taking place at the School of SweetGeorgia, where we’re working through lessons and course content from Amanda Wood’s Colour & Weave on Rigid Heddle Loom course.
- Come and see us at Knit City, a fabulous fibre arts festival in Vancouver! As I mention, we’re working on a redesign of our colourways and can’t wait to share them with you there!
- I show a sneak peek of some colourways I’m currently weaving with for the Double Weave course coming soon to the School.
- We’ve created a new project called Stitch Diaries, featuring and highlighting our different SweetGeorgia dyers and paired with stitch patterns from Tabetha. The sneak peek shown is our first release: Charlotte! More information will be coming soon – sign up for our newsletter to hear about them once available.
- Learn to Knit Kit, available for order on our site now! A fun, simple kit for yourself or as a gift for someone curious about learning knitting. The colourway shown is Strawberry Tea, in our Superwash Worsted base.
- In my earlier circular sock machine video, I show the start of the socks I knit on my CSM.
- I mention wanting to knit another Navelli sweater, design by Caitlin Hunter. If you know about knitting Fair Isle with a knitting machine, I would love to hear from you!
- Find all of our spinning content at the School, where our upcoming Working with Fleece course with Kim McKenna will be listed once launched. The new Dyeing with Fresh Indigo class with Caitlin ffrench will also be coming soon, find it among our dyeing content at the School.
- We welcome you to come and check out the fibre arts courses, content and community at the School of SweetGeorgia! Our Back to School special is currently taking place until the end of September. Use the code TBF22 to save 15% off our All-Access subscriptions!