Knitting

Autumn Dahlias: Clue Two Progress

Autumn Dahlias SweetGeorgia 2022 Mystery Knit-along

Last week, we played with slipped stitches and mosaic patterns to bring colour together and I hope you’re finding delight in it. Even when dahlias are light and subtle, the depth remains ever-so striking, like looking into a picture and seeing another picture. What has been a joy for you in Clue One? What do you think Clue Two will bring?

Autumn Dahlias SweetGeorgia 2022 Mystery Knit-along

I can tell you we’re adding in two more stitch patterns this week! And you might find these tutorials helpful as you move forward with clue two:

How to Match Lace Yarn Overs

Knitting Left-Leaning Decreases: How Do You Lean Left?

How to Wet-Splice Your Ends in Knitting

If you purchased via Ravelry, you’ll need to hit “update” in your library by around 9 am PST. If you purchased via sweetgeorgiayarns.com, you’ll receive a notification that the pattern has been updated sometime about 9 am PST; you’ll need to follow the link and download the updated Clue.

So, tell me knitters—what stitch patterns are you enjoying so far? Is it the soothing rhythm of garter? The fun travel of colour with slipped stitches? Hop onto the SweetGeorgia Yarns Blog or the School of SweetGeorgia Forums and let me know. In the meantime, have fun with Clue Two!

Happy Knitting!

author-avatar

About Tabetha Hedrick

Tabetha Hedrick, Design Director for SweetGeorgia Yarns, lives by the belief that joy comes when fully participating in the present moment. And that joy is ever so easy to find when immersed in the world of fibre! When not knitting, writing, editing, or researching, she fills the time raising two girls, two dogs, and one husband in Tennessee.

Back to list

Related Posts

13 thoughts on “Autumn Dahlias: Clue Two Progress

1. patinkac says:

Hello! Where will the errata for Clue #1 be posted?

1. Amanda Cluxton says:

There was an update to the pattern, look for version 1.1. There’s also a link to the errata in the Clue 1 blog post about halfway down, just before a picture and the tutorial links. Hope this helps!

Amanda (knitter, not a moderator)

2. Haha! Thanks, Amanda!

2. Amanda Cluxton says:

Hello, Tabitha!

I’m curious if you might take a peak at my ravelry page and let me know if I’m on target? My Eyelet Increase rows look like fairy lights!

I’m just about to start the lace, after Garter 6 :D
    Amanda

1. You’re looking right on the money!

3. Amanda Cluxton says:

Wonderful!! Thanks very much!! I looooove these colors!

I am a bit nervous that the purple in my sock blank – CC2 – will be lost amidst the MC purple from this kit (don’t have the name in front of me now, but it’s purple MC, teal sparkle, and pink/purple/navy sock blank). Do you know if this might be a problem? I’ve no real idea when I’ll get to the purple in the sock blank, but it’s roughly in the middle.

Thanks again!
    Amanda

1. The contrast might be subtle in some sections, but I wouldn’t worry too much. In my humble opinion. Haha

4. Amanda Cluxton says:

I’ve finished Clue 2! ❤️

I love watching the colors appear
    Amanda

1. Thanks so much for sharing the link to your pattern page – yours is look FAB!!! I really love that Fairytale colourway. <3

1. It looks amaaaaazing, Amy! I LOVE THAT PURPLE! Thanks so much for sharing the link so I can see. :)

5. Barbara Mazzega says:

Worried i am going to run out of sock blank. Not sorried about the cashlux and regular sock, just the bkank. My gauge is slightt on the large size. Any suggestion if i come to the rnd of the blue on cafe au lait colourway? Is the a mini skein that might save me? I leave town Sept 6 for Bella Coola for a month and want to be ablle to finish!

1. Hmmm… CC2 (sock blank) is used for less than 50 rows in Clues 4 and 5, and your stitch count is decreasing, so you *should* be ok. If you do run out, I would just change to CC1 for the remainder, OR you can try to find another skein that is similar to the colour you’re ending with.