Today is the start of something completely new for us.
After hand-dyeing yarn for over 17 years, we have started from the ground up and created a new process for designing our hand-dyed yarn colours. And on today’s Taking Back Friday vlog, I want to share this new colour system with you and why we created it.
Join me today, September 23rd at 10:00 AM PDT (1:00 PM EDT) for a vlog premiere! I will be live over at our YouTube channel to chat during the release of the video.
This is just the very beginning. Each season we’ll release more colours that will explore more of this colour system and we can’t wait to see where it takes us. I’m so excited to finally share this with you after all of the months we’ve been working on it. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you create with all of these colours!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I mention in today’s episode: Here is information and links to items talked about in the vlog…
- Knitting with Hand-Dyed Colour course at the School of SweetGeorgia. You can also find my Colour Mastery workshop with is a series of mini-lectures helping to expand your understanding of colour.
- Patterns I mention knitting are Caitlin Hunter’s Navelli tee (see more in this vlog here) and Veera Välimäki’s Stripe Study Shawl.
- If you’re a local maker, come and see these new colourways in person at Knit City Vancouver this weekend, September 24-25, 2022. We’re excited to showcase these hand-dyed hues at the show!
- interested in learning more about fibre arts and working with colour? Until the end of September, don’t miss our annual Back to School sale at the School of SweetGeorgia where you can lock in a discounted rate of 15% off our All-Access subscriptions. Enter the coupon code TBF22 to process the discount.