Join me online for a Taking Back Friday Live for the month of November! Instead of sharing a pre-recorded Taking Back Friday vlog, each month we go LIVE on the SweetGeorgia YouTube channel to have a casual catch-up on all the latest at SweetGeorgia and the School, including our early holiday sweater yarn sale, Advent calendars shipping from the studio and more.
We’ll be live Friday, November 4th at 10:00 am PDT (1:00 pm EDT)! Bring your knitting, crochet or whatever you’re working on and join in the YouTube live chat online.
If you can’t make it, don’t worry as a replay will be available to watch following the end of the livestream.
UPDATE: The livestream replay is now available to watch (above).
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing on today’s vlog: I’m wearing The Weekender design by Andrea Mowry. Anita knit this sample using SweetGeorgia Superwash Worsted in Twilight, one of our new Colour System colourways.
- what I mention in today’s livestream: Here are links to items mentioned in today’s video…
- Our Sweater Season Yarn Sale is taking place now until November 15th with 30% off all of our DK and worsted weight yarns.
- Shawl sample shown is the Camp Wilkerson knitting pattern by Caitlin Hunter, knit in Superwash DK in Stormy Night, Honey Gold, Snowfall and Cauldron.
- Sneak peek inside one of our Advent 2022 sets.
- Crochet Increases & Decreases course taught by Charlotte Lee coming soon to the School of SweetGeorgia. Charlotte’s beautiful Yona Cowl design is included in the course, which you can download now plus find materials needed before the course release.
- Weave Quarterly Box “Forest Walk” by Amanda Wood for Gist Yarn. We also have Gist Yarn available for order at our shop, including the Duet and Mallo yarns mentioned. Amanda’s Lace with Pick-Up Sticks on a Rigid Heddle course will be available soon at the School—you can find the materials list at the course page.
- Schacht Cricket rigid heddle loom and their new Cricket Quartet which transforms your rigid heddle loom into a 4-shaft loom.
- I’m knitting the No Frills Cardigan by PetiteKnit using SweetGeorgia BFL+Silk Fine in Sangria and Silk Mist in Crushed Berry.
- My Five by Five Cowl design is knit using two skeins of CashLuxe Fine held together plus one skein of Silk Mist. Colourways used are: Arbutus, Lichen and Strawberry Tea.
- The Knitting Machines are Awesome vlog episode where I talk more about my Silver Reed LK150 knitting machine. We’ll be using this to create a library of held together colours from our Elixir collection.
- Machine Knit Community run by Nic Corrigan.
- My Fair Isle machine knit swatch is made using J.C. Rennie yarn.
- want to learn more about the fibre arts? We’d love to see you over in the School of SweetGeorgia community! If you’re not yet an SOS Member, you can use the code: CRAFTWITHUS to get 14 days for $1 – come and see what the School is all about!