Join me this Friday for our Taking Back Friday Live! The second Friday of each month, instead of sharing a pre-recorded Taking Back Friday vlog, we go LIVE on the SweetGeorgia YouTube channel to have a casual catch-up. This month will be our final live session for 2022 where we’ll be talking about holiday projects, last minute gifting and sharing the latest from SweetGeorgia and the School of SweetGeorgia.
We’ll be live Friday, December 9th at 10:00 am PST (1:00 pm EST)! Bring your knitting, crochet or whatever you’re working on and join in the YouTube live chat online.
If you can’t make it, don’t worry as a replay will be available to watch following the end of the livestream.
UPDATE: Replay now available for viewing (above). Thank you to everyone for joining me in the live chat today!
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: I’m wearing the Kettle Valley shawl design by Knox Mountain Knit Co. You can find details on my project here, knit in our Tough Love Sock yarn.
- what I’m talking about in today’s video: Here are quick links to items mentioned in the vlog livestream:
- New Stitch Diaries: Season Two set, with the exclusive colourway dyed by SweetGeorgia dyer Hoi Chan.
- New Party of Five Sets–seven new colour options in fingering weight and two in DK weight yarn.
- Stripe Study Shawl knitting pattern designed by Veera Välimäki, mine is knit in our Elixir colourways plus one skein of Birch in Tough Love Sock.
- The double weave blankets shown are my Cabin Blanket pattern available to all SOS members at the Double Weave on 4-Shafts course. They are woven in BFL+Silk Fine and we have Cabin Blanket Weaving Kits available for order. The double weave bread bag is woven in Gist Duet yarn.
- Tabetha’s 22 Quick and Easy Holiday Patterns blog post with great, last minute project ideas plus find great Gift Ideas at our online shop.
- Our SweetGeorgia holiday studio hours–we will be closed from December 23rd at 12pm to January 2nd, 2023, reopening on January 3rd, 2023.
- I talk more about machine knitting in previous vlog episodes, and the pattern I am looking to make is the Stoodley Jumper sweater machine knitting pattern by Nic Corrigan.
- Yona cowl crochet design by Charlotte Lee. This pattern is also included in Charlotte’s Crochet Increases and Decreases course at the School of SweetGeorgia.
- Find my conversation with multicraftual maker Athena Chang here.
- Our SOS Holiday Crafternoon for SOS Members will be on December 12th at 12pm PST. Find more information here.