One is the loneliest number…. the best part of a good make-along is the way it brings all of us together. Close and engaged, sharing patterns and ideas, inspiration and encouragement. Yarn tends to hold us together through even the toughest times and so, with that closeness in mind, we’re inviting you to our fun new event: the February Hold-Along.
Throughout the month of February, we’re getting even closer by making projects together with more than one strand of yarn held together at the same time. Two strands, three strands, four, or five, laceweight, DK, it’s all on the table as long as you are holding them together. It’s a fantastic opportunity to play with colour and texture, to experiment with pattern and gauge a little outside the single-strand box.
How do I participate in the February Hold-Along?
Simply choose your strands of yarn and a pattern to play with and prepare to cast on February 1st!
All the fun and camaraderie of the Hold-Along will take place on our new Discord server, and for School of SweetGeorgia members, the February Hold-Along Group in the Community Forums.
We’d be delighted to see your progress on social media, too. Tag us in your photos with #sweetgeorgiayarns and/or #SGYholdalong so we can cheer you on.
Of course, you’ll also find lots of shares, announcements, and info on the SweetGeorgia Yarns blog.
Calendar of Events
- Feb 1: Cast-on day and Giveaway #1 (Stay tuned to the blog for a special code you can use on a free pattern to cast-on right away!)
- Feb 7 – In-Progress Video/Talk Discord Craft-In
- Feb 14 – Share your progress pictures for Giveaway #2
- Feb 21 – Share Progress + Giveaway #3
- Feb 28 – Wrap Up Live Showcase and Giveaway #4
What to do right now
Your homework this week, my friends, is to:
- Start thinking about what yarns you’d like to hold together. I’m leaning towards a laceweight + DK-weight for a sweater, Flannery, which I’ll share more details about in the next week or two (because I’ll have a surprise update to the pattern!). I’m also thinking of pulling out my Addi Express knitting machine to make some hats for the fam (Felicia and her knitting machine prowess is SO INSPIRING!).Oh, AND, look for an extra-special lace yarn sale THIS WEEKEND, in case you want some extra special oomf for your fabric. UPDATE: Our Lace Yarn Sale is now live! Use the coupon code: TOGETHER23 to save 20% off all SweetGeorgia lace weight yarns!
- You can also head over to our new SweetGeorgia Yarns Discord to see what everyone else might be thinking about. We’d love to have you.
Stay tuned next week for more!