Join me at our monthly Taking Back Friday Livestream chat about craft and colour! Every second Friday of the month at our YouTube channel, I look forward to sharing a closer look at the latest releases from SweetGeorgia and the School of SweetGeorgia. For the month of May, we’ll chat about the projects I’ve been working on, my recent trip to the Erlbacher Crank In, the School of SweetGeorgia Crochet Summit and more.
We’ll be live Friday, May 12th at 10:00 am PDT (1:00 pm EDT). Grab your current knitting or crochet project and join me in the YouTube live chat!
We are always interested to hear what you think. If you have suggestions and ideas about what you would like to learn from us, please let us know. I’d also love to hear about what you are working on these days and are excited to learn, as well as any challenges you may be facing along the way.
IN THIS EPISODE
- what I’m wearing in today’s video: I’m wearing the Navelli design by Caitlin Hunter, which I co-knit with Greta (see more here). It was knit in using our new colourways Tough Love Sock Black Raspberry and Amber Ale.
- what I’m talking about in today’s video: Here are quick links to items mentioned during the livestream…
- Find more of our Taking Back Friday videos HERE at the SweetGeorgia blog or at the SweetGeorgia YouTube channel.
- Two Heddle Weaving with Amanda Wood and “Two-at-a-Time” Socks with Tabetha Hedrick… find all of the upcoming courses at the SOS Content Roadmap.
- Erlbacher Knitting Machines homecoming Crank In event.
- Posts about colours and colourwork available in the blog.
- Stoodley Jumper by Nic Corrigan of Whitehall Studio, machine knit in SweetGeorgia BFL+Silk Fine in Tempest (coming out this fall), Honey Gold, Bright Penny (also coming in fall) and Birch.
- Grellow cowl by Tanis Gray.
- ‘Round the Colour Wheel Make-Along running from May 16th to May 31st. We have colourwork patterns on sale for the make-along… more info here. Plus, meet up with Tabetha on Tuesday, May 16th at 11am PDT (2pm EDT) for a voice chat in the Discord Colour-Along channel. (Learn about joining the SweetGeorgia Discord server here.)
- Plans to knit the Easy V pullover by Caitlin Hunter using my handspun in the yoke and Mohair Silk DK for the body.
- Dyeing Large Amounts of Fibre and our dyeing study groups at the School of SweetGeorgia. If you are not yet an SOS member, use the code SPRINGSOS23 to try us out for 7 days for $1.
- Sign up to be notified about more information, once available, about our SweetGeorgia Retreat.
- We’ll have a Tour de Fleece unofficial chat taking place this July 2023 at the SweetGeorgia Discord, as well as our 2023 Mystery Knit-Along chat will soon take place there.
- At the School of SweetGeorgia, I’ll have a virtual co-working session on May 26th at 1pm PDT.
- My CSM knit sock tests: Lycra Bar from The Yarn Mafia, socks knit along with lycra in Tough Love Sock in the colourway Spacewalk (discontinued), Good Karma Yarn & Soap Shop Sox Yarn with lycra blended in, Kevlar yarn from Celeste Angello, and Circular Sock Knitting Machine Society.
- Kollage Square™ knitting needles, DPNs, as well as a crochet hook which I’ll be testing out to make granny squares.