All is Bright // a semi-circular lace shawl by Ruth Nguyen
Waves of eyelets seem to float off the fabric as beautifully as snow on the horizon in SweetGeorgia’s 2022 Advent crochet shawl. With unique stitches to explore and an array of colour options, crocheters will savour every row.
- yarn: 1 SweetGeorgia Yarns 2022 Advent set in Fingering Weight (CC1-15) (52 yd / 48 m per .5 oz / 14 g per mini-skein; Tough Love Sock, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon; CashLuxe Spark, 80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Spark).
Yarn Options: A) pull from stash remnants for CC1-15 (and/or change colours when you run out), use 2 full skeins of Tough Love Sock and/or CashLuxe Spark yarn and alternate MC/CC with the even/odd CC instructions, C) use 1 colour of Tough Love Sock, ignoring all colour change instructions.
- hook: Size F US / 3.75 mm crochet hook
Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 16 sts and 10 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in puff st, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 56″ / 142 cm wingspan, 21″ / 53 cm depth
- pattern notes: The shawl is worked flat from the top down, with only six increase rows in the entire shawl to create the semi-circle shape.
The 6-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!