A Lace Cowl // by Emily Wood
Arrows of stockinette stitch soar through patches of lace in this cozy accessory. The cowl, which is worked in the round and offered in two sizes, becomes a delicate luxury of texture and warmth to wrap around one’s neck.
- yarn: 1 (2) skein SweetGeorgia Yarns CashLuxe Fine in Desert Clay (400 yds / 365 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 70% Superwash Merino, 20% Cashmere, 10% Nylon)
- needles: Size 4 US / 3.5 mm circular needles
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 26 sts and 36 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Diamond Lace patt, after blocking
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 25 ¾ (33 ¼)” / 65.5 (84.5) cm, Width: 11″ / 28 cm
- pattern notes: This cowl is worked in the round on circular needles. Ribbing frames a lacey diamond motif in the center of the cowl. The circumference of the cowl can easily be adjusted by casting on more or fewer stitches as long as the total stitch count is a multiple of twelve. The Diamond Lace pattern is both written (see Stitches Used) and charted (p 3) for your preference.
SweetGeorgia Yarns wants to ensure you have everything you need for knitting success, so be sure to check out the ever-growing library of classes and tutorials at https://www.schoolofsweetgeorgia.com/.
Pattern includes a 4-page PDF (both written directions and charts)
There are no reviews yet.