Autumn Dahlias // aa sideways asymmetrical shawl
Autumn Dahlias is playful and colourful, evoking a delightful sense of abundance. Delicate lines and subtle patterns let the colours take over, like when autumn dahlias overtake the garden at the close of summer. With a gradient sock blank and contrasting skeins, you’ll savour the beautiful, wearable shawl at the end.
- yarn: 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in Blue Canoe (MC) (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Cash Luxe Spark in Haze (CC1) (420 yd / 384 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Silver Stellina).
1 SweetGeorgia Yarns Sock Blank in Bloom & Blossom (CC2) (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g blank; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
We’ve put the following sets together to help take some of the guesswork out, available HERE from sweetgeorgiayarns.com. The original sample was knit in Antique Blush.
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needles, one each 24″ / 60 cm long (for shawl) and 32″ / 80 cm long (for border)
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- notions: tapestry needle
- gauge: 26 sts and 48 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Garter st, unblocked and unstretched.
23 sts and 34 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Garter st, after blocking.
21 sts and 29 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Lace Swatch patt, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 94 ½” / 240 cm wingspan, 24″ / 61 cm at the deepest point
- pattern notes: The shawl is knit flat from side to side.
The 12-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!