Blackberry Winter // a colourful chevron cowl
Keep the nippy spring breeze at bay with this cozy, colourful cowl. Worked in two strands of fingering-weight yarn and featuring stripes of chevron patterning, it’s a lush accessory to both make and wear. Blackberry Winter is pattern 2 of 3 in the Little Winters Capsule.
- yarn: 1 skein of SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in Stormy Night (MC) (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
1 SweetGeorgia Yarns Party of Five Set in Spilling Secrets (5 colours labelled A-E) (105 yd / 96 m per 1 oz / 28 g mini skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon).
- needles: Size 8 US / 5 mm circular needle, 16″ / 40 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 18 sts and 26 rnds = 4” / 10 cm in Stockinette st (worked in the round), after blocking.
18 sts and 23 rnds = 4” / 10 cm in Chevron patt, after blocking.
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 9 1/2″ / 24 cm wide, 15 1/2″ / 39 cm circumference, after grafting
- pattern notes: The cowl is worked as a tube. It begins with a provisional cast on (shown here with the Crochet Chain Provisional Cast-On) and ends by flattening the tube and grafting the ends together.
The Party of Five colours for the sample are labelled as: A–Twilight, B–Black Raspberry, C–Cassis, D–Sangria, E–Amber Ale.
The cowl is worked with two strands held together throughout. We recommend winding your skein in a manner that allows you to use both ends.
The 4-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!
There are no reviews yet.