Blue Canoe // a lacy asymmetrical shawl
Decadent lace and a single skein of yarn are all it takes for sweet contentment. Let yourself get carried away in the rhythmic pattern and soothing shape of this asymmetrical shawl. Blue Canoe is pattern 1 of 3 in the Seaside Lace Capsule.
- yarn: 1 skein SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in Blue Canoe (425 yd / 388 m per 4 oz / 115 g skein; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon)
- needles: Size 6 US / 4 mm circular needle, 24″ / 60 cm long
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 20 sts and 27 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Swatch patt, after blocking
Please note that changes in gauge will affect yardage used and final measurements.
- finished measurements: 62″ / 157.5 cm wingspan, 23″ / 58.5 cm at deepest point
- pattern notes: This shawl is worked sideways, beginning with a few stitches, and gradually increasing the stitch count to the border edge. A crochet hook is used to complete a crochet-loop bind off.
The 6-page PDF pattern includes written and charted stitch patterns.
Visit the School of SweetGeorgia for loads of workshops and tutorial resources to help bump your skills and discover new techniques!