A Lace Scarf // by Tabetha Hedrick
This easy scarf is a wonderful entrance into lace for beginners. Simple eyelets nestled into ribbing and garter stitches are comforting and delicate, while the two-colour design gives ample opportunity for personalization and play.
- yarn: 2 skeins SweetGeorgia Yarns SeaSilk Lace, 1 each in Pink Flamingo (MC) and Rosé Day (CC) (494 yards / 452 m per 3.5 oz / 100g skein; 65% silk, 35% seacell)
- needles: Size 5 US / 3.75 mm circular needles
Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
- gauge: 21 sts and 36 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in Garter stitch, after blocking
Note that gauge is not crucial, but will affect required yardage and finished size.
- finished measurements: 20 ½” / 52 cm wide and 43 ¾” / 111 cm long
- pattern notes: This stole is worked flat from end to end. The Christel Lace pattern is both written (see Stitches Used) and charted (p 3) for your preference. SweetGeorgia Yarns wants to ensure you have everything you need for knitting success, so be sure to check out the ever-growing library of classes and tutorials at https://www.schoolofsweetgeorgia.com/.
Pattern includes a 4-page PDF (both written directions and charts)